Microsoft's Bluetooth Mouse and "MicrosoftMouse" software

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by heidilux, Feb 18, 2004.

1. heidilux macrumors newbie

Just wondering if anyone had tried Micorsoft's mouse driver software that DOES work for their older mice, on the new bluetooth mouse. I'm just hesitant to install anything microsoft if it's not going to work anyway.

thanks,

heidilux

2. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

I'm assuming you're aware that the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse, and all it's buttons and the scroll wheel, works on OS X without the drivers, right? You want to use these older drivers to do some button re-mapping?

3. heidilux thread starter macrumors newbie

4. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

The right click, left click, and scroll wheel work natively in Mac OS X. The scroll button and the two side buttons only can work with Expose. The Microsoft Mouse control application does not recognize the mouse, nor does USB Overdrive.

5. heidilux thread starter macrumors newbie

bummer....

Right, I should have said that I am already useing the mouse in question. It does work great for all those things. I was just interested to know if MS's other mouse drivers did anything for this mouse. The answer doesn't surprise me, I just thought I'd ask....and hope. :) Thanks

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I realise this isn't the Bluetooth mouse, but...

I had an MS Wheel Mouse Optical, and it worked perfectly. Then I decided to install the IntelliPoint software that came with it. Big mistake. It totally screwed up my system, even removing it didn't fix everything. For example, I used to be able to click the scroll wheel to open a web page in a new Safari tab. After installing IntelliPoint, I could no longer do that.

I had to reinstall OS X to get it all working properly again :(