Microsoft's New Product...Oragami

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by AvSRoCkCO1067, Feb 24, 2006.

1. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

2. AvSRoCkCO1067 thread starter macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

I doubt it. It looks like they're trying a 'surprise announcement' like Apple does, although I haven't heard much about it :rolleyes:

3. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I have to say, that actually doesn't look bad. I really want Apple to design a cellphone, my contract is ending in a couple months and it would be great to have something to sign completely with all my iApps.

4. beg_ne macrumors 6502

Here it is:

http://www.d-kitchen.com
    Click on the Logo, then on Enter on the next page.
    Click on WORK
    Then BrandTheater

It should show up in the list once you click that.

Basically its some big POS and they show people doing a bunch of really useless stuff on it. Basically like a lame digital sketchpad.

5. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

Ah come on, it's really not that bad.

Rich.

6. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

wow. and people thought the Newton was big...

7. william sire macrumors regular

william sire

It is just a new notebook computer

The video shows three features that are not currently available on a notebook.
    1. Writing on the screen
    2. The detachable keybaoard
    3. the handling of it to play video games ( a contribution of the detachable keyboard )
    Steve Jobs seemed to be the first in a long while to figure out that functionality is the main feature that consumers want, not technology. This new design appears to take that concept and do what they think is the next logical step. I imagine people might come out in the sunlight again if this product is succesfull.

8. AvSRoCkCO1067 thread starter macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Thanks for not being biased; I know it's hard, it's a Mac forum, but I'm with you on this...

...Check out the video above if you haven't already. This product, although it looks a bit thick, has a really decent idea behind it. Everything's integrated, wireless, and seamless - I know that probably won't happen in real world use, but if it did, I'd pick one of these up.

CP

9. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

So if Nintendo creates a detachable keyboard...

Won't fit in a pocket = LAME.
    If I'm gonna have to carry a backpack or messenger bag why wouldn't I just have my laptop? :confused:

10. AvSRoCkCO1067 thread starter macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

11. MacRohde macrumors regular

MacRohde

Hmm, doesn't seen that bad. I migt try it out, depending on the price. :rolleyes:

12. AvSRoCkCO1067 thread starter macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Microsoft previously said that it would be in the $500-$1000 range. Shrug, if Apple made something like this for under $1000, I'd undoubtedly pick one up. But Microsoft? It probably wouldn't even be compatible with my iBook :(

13. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

14. william sire macrumors regular

william sire

Seems to be an acurate observation, although that point was lost on me the first time I read it. But I think the manufactures are thinking that with your laptop you can't entertain yourself playing video games while waiting. And it isn't always easy to find an area to spontaneously set up your portable computer. If the battery has the extended life this one claims to have, all you have to add is an extension, or bluetooth technology to the keyboard and you are good to go anywhere in seconds.

When Apple produces a similar Power Book I will get it.