Microsoft's Next Seinfeld Ad Airs: 'New Family'

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 11, 2008.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBWPf1BWtkw

Tonight, Microsoft aired the second of a series of new ads featuring Bill Gates and comedian Jerry Seinfeld. The long version of the ad (4m 30s) is embedded above via YouTube and a high quality version is available at Microsoft.com.

The first installment of the ad campaign showed Bill Gates and Seinfeld at a shoe store. The new installment shows Gates and Seinfeld living with "real people".

While we don't plan on getting into a habit of posting news stories for every new Microsoft ad, the original ad story generated a remarkable amount of feedback. Future ads may be reported on our Page 2 which is also linked from the left sidebar.

Article Link

2. macrumors 603

Warbrain

And more utter junk.

3. macrumors 68030

Um.... I just.... don't get it. I will watch them, I guess they are a bit cute? Maybe? but..... (insert scratching head icon thingy here)

4. macrumors member

watching Bill Gates shake his ass sucked. Im still feeling a little uneasy. Seinfeld is a douche

5. macrumors newbie

Rubbish

These ads are total junk.

6. macrumors 68030

Flowbee

It was way too long for my tastes... And it made them kind of look like jerks. Staying at someone's house and complaining about the food? Classy.

7. macrumors 6502

Very clever Microsoft, verrry clever...

8. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

yeah, this would be much better as a 30 second ad. maybe. I only watched the 4 minute 30 s one.

arn

9. macrumors 68000

pianoman

i think they're funny. i find it amusing to see two well-known, accomplished men goof off. sure, it has nothing to do with computers, but it's fun.

10. macrumors 68020

JML42691

I just don't get it, it sucks as an ad and in my opinion it is just too long, and this is not Seinfeld material at all, at least Bill didn't shake his ass in this one.

11. macrumors 6502a

gcmexico

way better than the first one!

12. macrumors 6502

You know what.... I actually kind of enjoyed that. And I get where they're going with this.

13. macrumors member

I'm not going to hate on this ad because it is apparently cool to do so.

I don't get any sort of "buy windows" vibe, but honestly, I thought it was pretty funny. Seriously, just looking at is as some sort of skit that has nothing to do with Microsoft or Seinfeld. I dunno what I'm trying to say here. It is funny to see two people from such an upper crust interacting like that.

14. macrumors 6502

Lamest...commercial...evar.

:apple:

--DotComCTO

15. macrumors 6502a

jbernie

Exactly! I had a good laugh at it. Apparently because it isn't an Apple ad people check their sense of humour at the door.

Yeah, 4mins 30seconds is long, but there is no way the full version would play on tv, it would have to be infomercial.

16. macrumors 6502

Wow. This could get painful.

17. macrumors P6

twoodcc

wow, that was lame

18. macrumors regular

i don't like this type of comedy where adults act like dumb kids. it reminds me too much of the stale show friends.

19. macrumors regular

08mxkfx

wow after seeing that im going to get rid of my iMac and get a Windows PC :rolleyes:

20. macrumors 68040

KingYaba

This ad was better.

21. macrumors 6502a

The funniest part of the commercial is the fact that if you go to Microsoft's website to watch it, you see it in Flash, not Silverlight.

22. macrumors member

I enjoyed them both. I think they are funny and somewhat goofy in a good way. I like that it's more of a running sitcom than different ads like Apple. Not to say that Apple's ads aren't genius, but these are funny and original! If only Microsoft would spend so much energy on their products and they do on their ads!

23. macrumors newbie

JB413

Makes more sense then the last one. The "Commercial about Nothing" still doesn't make me want to get a PC..... ever

24. macrumors member

Huh?

I'm sorry. Is this supposed to be funny?

25. macrumors member

4 Freaking Minutes?

This isn't an ad - it's a MINI SERIES. If M$ can't get their point across in 30 seconds...it's not worth watching.

This commercial is just like every other product...
    filled with BLOATware