Microsoft's Steve Ballmer to Present During WWDC 2010 Keynote?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 26, 2010.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Barrons reports that one analyst is predicting that Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer will be part of Steve Jobs' WWDC Keynote presentation.

According to Trip Chowdhry, an analyst with tiny Global Equities Research, 7 minutes of Steve Jobs' keynote is allotted for Microsoft. Microsoft will reportedly be talking about their development tool Visual Studio 2010. The new version of Visual Studio will reportedly allow developers to write native applications for the iPhone, iPad and Mac OS.

The move would be a big surprise given Apple and Microsoft's competitive history. In addition, the announcement of PC-based development suite for iPhone and Mac OS would be major announcement. At present, developers may only create iPhone and Mac OS applications from within Apple's own Xcode development suite which only runs on Macs.

Article Link: Microsoft's Steve Ballmer to Present During WWDC 2010 Keynote?

2. macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

3. macrumors 601

Plutonius

Wow, Autocad and now Visual Studio for the Mac.

4. macrumors member

5. macrumors 6502a

Could also drop a bombshell like Office for iPad due in late 2010 / early 2011.

6. macrumors 68020

Mr. Gates

--Redmond --------- ----------------Washington---
  7. macrumors regular

OMG! No WAY, No WAY!

Too Good To be true.

I love Visual Studio I made several desktop applications in it, its like flash but without the whole flash part. Its better than Xcode and Interface Builder if you know absolutely no code at all.

One of my friends who does design Apps says Xcode's better if you know how to code or else Visual Studio is easier. It would be cool to see and would definitely mean teams for mobile, Microsoft and Apple vs. Google and Adobe and HTC ETC. ETC.

8. macrumors regular

DARKJ3DI

Seriously, what is up with all this Macintosh love from 3rd parties recently? Its as if developers are moving in to fill the Apple's void in the Mac! :eek:

9. macrumors member

Yeah, throw sandy mustard on the iPhone 4.0 event. Great prediction.

10. macrumors regular

When are analysts ever right :) Always seems they are sitting in an office somewhere throwing darts

11. macrumors regular

that combined with VS 2010 would be huge.

it would instantly make ipad an office tool. and native iphone OS support in VS 2010? VS 2010 is looking to be very very special as it is

12. macrumors newbie

I think this would be great if it happens. Didn't SJ say, "It isn't necessary for Microsoft to lose for Apple to win."? Welcome to the party, Microsoft. Bring your best talent.

Hey, iPhone is using MS's Exchange server now, so the symbiosis already exists...

13. macrumors 68040

No, that's not what the article says.

The article is implying that Visual Studio on Windows PCs would generate code that could create iPhone app code. That said, this is some analyst blabbing, so the fact reporting could have been totally bungled.

14. macrumors regular

I don't think it would be a bombshell I imagine Office would incorporate printing at least. But I kind of like Office better than iWork. Apple is a creative company and is not good at business programs like iWork. Microsoft can't make a proper OS. :p

Sounds like we better start getting Anti-Virus running. Steam moved over, Auto Cad thats a huge one, and Visual Studio!!!! I may have to turn my firewall on.

15. macrumors 65816

furi0usbee

Apple + Microsoft > Google. Google is the enemy of both, and if Apple and Microsoft start putting their heads (and money) together, I think they can take out the Goliath, then go back to hating each other. Remember that old adage, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Google is just becoming a nuisance.

16. Guest

If true, I predict Jobs introduces Ballmer with "Bring out the Gimp!"

17. macrumors 6502a

18. macrumors member

Supermunki

Great!

This is an excellent move, it should certainly get the FTC off Apple's back regarding the whole Flash CS5 cross-compiler debacle.

19. macrumors 65816

johnnymg

This would be wrong on so many levels. At the very least, Ballmer's appearance could turn in to a public relations fiasco when he gets heckled by the Apple fanatics. Don't see anything good coming from this.

That said, I wish Ballmer good health and a LOOOOOONG tenure as CEO of MS. Couldn't be a better situation for Apple ~~~~~ :D

20. macrumors 68020

kernkraft

7 seconds

7 minutes... hmmm, no connection with Windows 7?

Anyway, it feels good. I can imagine the upset that some people experience now - these events need different guests.

21. Gen
    macrumors 6502a

Gen

Doubt it.
    100% not happening. And if you think it is; don't be so stupid.

22. macrumors 6502

Wouldn't allowing Microsoft to make Visual Studio output iPad and iPhone apps break the developer agreement for iDevelopers? This just seems odd after the big fuss Jobs made about allowing others to create development tools that lag behind Apple's own and using that as part of their ammo to shoot down Adobe. Now just a few weeks later they're going to endorse MS doing it? Kinda confusing...

Not that I'm an Adobe/Flash fanatic - I agree with Jobs that letting Adobe (or anybody else for that matter) be a middle-man between Apple and iDevs is a bad idea, but to openly embrace MS software so soon after beating down Adobe? Something doesn't add up...

23. macrumors regular

OR maybe Apple is going to eliminate Google off their OS & introduce Bing!:)

Say it ain't soo.. :(

24. macrumors 65816

furi0usbee

Ballmer can hold his own, have you ever seen that guy in action?

25. macrumors regular

Um, isn't this one of the signs of the apocalypse?