Microsuck using Linux to protect its own system, funny

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by burritos, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Rezet

Yeah it is funny...

But it's also easy to find lotsa dirt on apple as well.
    Especially in their marketing...

Peace...

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

It's Akamai, and since I'm too lazy to even respond to this misinformation in the thread title (when MS was caching/load balancing a null address -- before being whacked by a DOS worm).

Of course the title -- MS Uses Akamai to Cache a Null Address -- wouldn't be too eye catching.

Would have been more interesting if the worm actually used the current windowsupdate address. :p

Edit -

I think the biggest news in that article is...

3. Computer_Phreak macrumors 6502

whop-de-do...

apple uses almost all linux servers, and only a few run OS X server.

4. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Big difference is that Apple's CEO isn't going around dragging Linux and open source thru the mud like Microsoft's is. Jobs and Apple support open source, just look at Safari. Ballmer has made it his personal mission to discredit Linux at every opportunity, even offering the city of Munich a 90% discount to try to keep them from switching from Windows to Linux.

Well, Munich went for Linux anyway and now the sweaty one's own company is having to rely on it too to avoid DoS attacks. So much for Linux being "unfit for enterprise use" huh sweat boy...err...Ballmer? Pretty damn ironic and hilarious if you ask me...

5. Computer_Phreak macrumors 6502

ya it is funny, but what would M$ do, surrender and let their site go down, or use Akami for help?

I think they really didnt have much of a choice here.