Mid-2010 MBP - Should I upgrade from SL to ML?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by Nick521, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Nick521, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012

macrumors member

I have a mid-2010 MBP running Snow Leopard. Should I upgrade to ML?

2. macrumors 65816

Troneas

yes.

3. simsaladimbamba

Depends on your needs and if OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion offers you anything you like and want.

I guess you do not use Spaces and other parts, that have been gone in OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion?

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

4. macrumors member

Thank you! I edited the title.

I am thinking about upgrading to ML, but people are telling me not to because SL is a very stable OS.

No, I do not use Spaces or other parts that have been removed with ML.

5. simsaladimbamba

Then try it. I have Mac OS X 10.7 Lion twice last year and OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion twice this year, and I always reverted back to Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, and I always upgraded to a new Mac OS X version within two weeks to a month after its release since Mac OS X 10.3 Panther.

Just makje sure to have a working backup, I for instance cloned my existing Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard install onto another HDD via CarbonCopyCloner, then upgraded via the ML installer to ML and after trying it again for a day and being fed up with the little things and hangups at really strange places, I reverted back to Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard in less than an hour by booting from the clone and cloning Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard back to the internal SSD/HDD after formatting it.

6. macrumors member

Thanks so much! I just bought a new iMac and have ML and seem to like it. I like the iCloud sync of my contacts, calendar, etc. So, thought I would try it with my MBP.