middle of the line iMac ships

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by OKComputer, Mar 7, 2002.

1. OKComputer macrumors 6502

Jan 12, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    according to macnn.....

"700MHz iMac units (Combo) ship to resellers

According to reports, some Mac resellers are now receiving 700MHz Combo-Drive iMac shipments from Apple. The shipment notices reflect fulfilled orders placed on January 8, 2002."
  2. jaykk macrumors 6502a

Jan 5, 2002
  3. moby1 macrumors 6502

Jan 28, 2002
    Sunny San Diego
    MacConnection, huh?

Is this the same MacConnection that quoted me "7-14" days shipping on my new iMac order and then had yet to ship it 3 weeks later?

Is this the same MaConnection that told me they had supplies (and took my order) of the PowerBook G3 500 with 20 GB HD and then told me they had none and offered me one with the 12 GB HD instead?

Yeah, thanks but "no thanks" MacConnection. I think it's called "Bait and Switch". There are much better choices for consumers out there.
  4. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Oct 5, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    I hope they are truly shipping in volume now. With all of the delay and lack of supply problems lately things could get pretty ugly.
    I would hate to see a wonderful product like the new iMac falter because of launch problems. As far as I can see the interest in it will only increase from here, especially with the new commercials, and Apple could stand to benefit from a huge jump in sales. If word gets out that Apple can't meet demand, they might miss out on a whole lot of market share. :(