Midi controller MK249c and OSX10.4 won't work

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by BPG, Jun 23, 2006.

1. BPG macrumors newbie

Jun 18, 2006
    Hi there,
    My midi controller model Evolution MK249c will not work with Panther on MacBook Pro it seems.
    I have reinstalled everything and it powers but nothing else happens.
    Audio-midi setup and garageband doesn't find it either.
    Nor did another USB keyboard work - same outcome.

Any thoughts besides wait for OSX10.5 and pay $200 in three months.?

2. scottlinux macrumors 6502a

Sep 21, 2005
  3. ercw macrumors regular

May 4, 2006
    go to the M-Audio site and look for newer drivers for you Keyboard
  4. esleonard macrumors newbie

Sep 8, 2006

I'm having a similar problem to the original poster... I just bought a used MK-249c, and it works with my PC, but I can't get it to work with my MacBook Pro. M-Audio apparently bought Evolution, so I can't get the patch that someone posted a link to, because the page no longer exists, and the m-audio site says that the keyboard is class-compliant, and offers no drivers... It's not listed under the midi intruments... no m-audio or evolution... any ideas? Thanks!
  5. deejayqueue macrumors newbie

Oct 2, 2006

I've got the answer. If you go to www.m-audio.com and look in the drivers section, you have to download the patch for OS 10.1.2. It's the only one that has a patch in it. Download it, install it and restart. Presto! your keyboard will come to life!:D
  6. ronan73 macrumors newbie

Aug 27, 2007
    mk 249c cant find driver

hi deejayqueue

if you still look in the forum sometime
    i looked every where on the m audio sight and i cant find the patch you were talking about that makes the mk work with intel based macs
    could you possibly post a link that leads to it or if its not heavy just send it to me

thanks alot
  7. siokaos macrumors newbie

Sep 3, 2009
    Workaround Found

I found a workaround to make the Evolution "patch" work in 10.5 and 10.6.