Miers' Answer Raises Questions

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by IJ Reilly, Oct 22, 2005.

1. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The most qualified person he could find...

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-miers22oct22,0,1244386.story

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Simply amazing.

And remember, Miers was the person heading up the committee to search for a SCOTUS nominee. So not only did Bush think she was the most qualified person around, so did she!

It would be one thing if she had the mind of a Roberts -- who despite being on the other side of the ideological divide from me still managed to impress me with his knowledge base. Roberts is a constitutional scholar through and through.

Miers is a hack who is loyal to Bush. That is her only qualification.

3. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

You forget, she's also a good church lady.

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

It's amazing the degree to which this administration is falling apart. I mean, I'm enjoy a little schadenfreude and everything, but the utter incompetence of these people is embarrassing. They can't do anything right.

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

her other "qualification" -- she's corrupt.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

And Cheney was the one heading up the commitee to find a VP candidate. I think I'm gettinig it now. Bush is just really, really lazy. And stupid. Don't forget stupid.

7. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Corrupt might be a tad too dramatic. She's a crony, and by definition, cronies take care of each other. It's the American version of the old boy's network.

8. tristan macrumors 6502a

Yeah, she just knows the right people, and that's pretty much all it takes in this administration. If I were friends with Bush, I'd be the next Fed Chairman because I have a subscription to the Economist and know how to calculate interest in Excel.

9. IJ Reilly thread starter macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

You would appear to be over-qualified.

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

He would be over-qualified except for one thing. He doesn't have the one prime requisite -- complete and total loyalty to Bush over truth.

Tristan, I would suggest you fire off a letter to Bush telling him he is 'the bestest president ever'. Conclude with 'America is blessed.' You might just be able to change his mind before the 1PM EST announcement.

11. tristan macrumors 6502a

Too late... CNN just announced the replacement. And my letter was half done. :p

12. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    i'd finish that letter...there's a good possibility of other job vacancies in the whitehouse in the near future.

13. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Have you ever done your own taxes? See, a man who know his way around numbers. A man who -- what? You haven't ever done your own taxes.

As I was saying, we need a man, a leader who knows how to delegate...