Might Mouse Scroll Ball

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by insomniac321123, Dec 6, 2006.

1. insomniac321123 macrumors 6502

I bought a wireless mighty mouse back in august. The past week, though I have not been able to scroll down. I can scroll every other way. just not down. I've tries cleaning it to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    insomniac

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

If it's less than one year old you can get it replaced for free; just call Apple.

3. aspro macrumors 6502

Hmm, that has happened a couple of times to me, though a clean has always fixed it. Though if cleaning it hasn't worked it's definitely a candidate for replacement.

4. insomniac321123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Where do I find a number for apple? And what am I going to need to send in with it to get a new one?

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

You can Call 1-800-MY-APPLE. Assuming they agree to replace it, they'll send you a new mouse in the mail, you'll place the broken mouse in the same box, attach the provided shipping label, and send it back (instructions will be provided).

It won't cost you any money assuming you return the mouse within (I think) 10 days.

6. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

They're notoriously unreliable, you're not alone.

7. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

Just out of curiosity, do they check it when it gets back?

Mine does it every couple of days, but always sorts itself out again. I wouldn't want to send it back then get an angry letter from Apple.