Might Mouse Woes

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by EvilDoc, Apr 17, 2006.

1. EvilDoc macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

Any one else having a problem with their might mouse? Mine all of a sudden will not scroll down, it will scroll up and sideways but not down. i have a new 20inch iMac. How do you take the damn thing apart maybe it just needs to be cleaned? :confused:

2. MacAficionado macrumors 6502

Funny, I just got the same thing happen to me. I restarted the iMac and the issue was solved.

3. supremedesigner macrumors 6502a

supremedesigner

Try to unplug USB from your mac and plug it back in. It also helped too. :p

4. EvilDoc thread starter macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

5. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Yeah, it's a common problem. Your mouse needs to be cleaned. What worked for me was wiping the scrollball with a moist paper towel, and then rubbing it vigorously against a white piece of paper. I mean, you have to do it with some force, just roll that sucker around. Should work then, hopefully.

6. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

I heard a toothpick with a little alchohol (SP?)l works.

7. MacRumoron macrumors 6502

i managed to take mine apart, but broke off the bottom gray thing (the one that holds the wire in place)

but it was worth it, cause i cleaned it and now it works like brand new :p

there was a site i used as a guide to open the mighty mouse, ill edit this post if i find it

here it is: http://shirster.multiply.com/journal/item/194

i didn't exactly do it the way they did, but the pictures helped a little ;)

8. EvilDoc thread starter macrumors 6502a

EvilDoc

unpluging was a no go, didnt work neither did various restarts..

9. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Again, I seriously recommend rubbing the ball with a moist paper towel, and then holding the mouse upside down and rolling it all around HARD on a piece of white paper. It worked great for me, and has worked for others around here, too.

10. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Mine started doing this. I'd clean, and then it would break again. Apple replaced it.

11. Eithanius macrumors 65816

read and followed the recommendations, it worked for a while until it died few weeks later, Apple replaced it, stating it was faulty....

My question is, do I need to keep doing that and get it replace every 6 months or so....? :(

12. Roba macrumors 6502

I to have been having these problems. I called Apple after support today and they said that i could select another mouse from their website and they would send me a replacement without me having to send my old mouse back in. I am looking for one to select on their site now. I love the look of the Mighty Mouse but this problem seems to be quite common in this model and i don't think that i will try it again. It is a shame as i like the design of it but it is just not so reliable in my opinion.