Mighty mouse and airport for windows?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Nitromaster, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Nitromaster macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Nokia N70-3 Ireland-Opera: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; WiderWeb 5.4.08) Opera 8.54)

im getting a macbook next revision and will be buying a bluetooth mighty mouse,

if i buy now will it work with a windows pc?(with bluetooth dongle)

Also, im in the market for a wifi router,

is it possible to setup an airport express using windows?,also does it work with ds/wii?

(im slowly going to convert my family to macs)

2. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

I got my Mighty Mouse working fine with the Bluetooth on my old HP laptop. Right-clicking was sometimes a bit awkward - had to right click right on the edge of the mouse otherwise it didn't work, but worked perfectly fine aside from that.

Airport Express will work a dream with Windows or Mac; can't say if it works on the DS/Wii though. Bear in the mind the Airport Express only offers Wi-Fi connection - it doesn't have any ethernet ports on it. If you are going to connect a computer by ethernet then the new Airport Extreme might be something you may want to consider too.

3. Nitromaster thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks,

so the airport comes with drivers/software for windows?

anyone know if it works ok with ds/wii?

the (old)one in my school doesnt work with ds but thats prob because of a firewall.

4. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

You get the drivers with Airport for Windows.

From Apple:

5. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I don't think the mighty mouse is as good as some of the third-party products out there. Kensington and Logitech have gotten good reviews. That might be a better way to go.

Why does no one think the Airport Express has an ethernet port? It does. It's just that that's where you'll need to plug in your ethernet modem. But if you already have a wireless network, you can extend it with an airport express, including connecting with a wii

You should also be able to use an ethernet hub with the airport express to connect your modem and other ethernet devices.

6. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Just reading your original post again - the Mighty Mouse doesn't come with a bluetooth dongle - you'll have to buy one for your PC unless it already is bluetooth enabled.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm saying that the Airport Express has no connectable ethernet ports if you want to plug your computer in by a wired connection. Yes it has an ethernet port on it but that is strictly for connecting to a router/modem, not for a computer.