Mighty Mouse annoyance

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sunfast, Aug 23, 2006.

1. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Hi guys

I'm using a wired Mighty Mouse which I like very much. However, it keeps forgetting its setup.

I have it set to left click: primary, right click: secondary yet after sleeping or unplugging it operates like a single button mouse. If I go into system prefs it still shows my original config but if I change it to something and then back to right click = secondary it works again.

It's no real biggie, it's just annoying! Anybody have this problem or know how to fix it? :confused:

2. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

when does it forget? in middle of operation or once you reboot or shut off the unit or it sleeps?

3. sunfast thread starter macrumors 68020

sunfast

It forgets after sleep and after being unplugged and put in again (but not always with the latter)

4. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

It's not the mouse forgetting, it's OS X. I don't have any idea why, but I just thought I'd point out that the mouse itself doesn't store settings.

5. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

That is true!~

6. sunfast thread starter macrumors 68020

sunfast

Yeah, I knew it was the OS but I prefer to blame the mouse.

7. mattjgalloway macrumors member

Mice have short memories and after waking up they often forget where they are, let alone their master's wishes.

On a more sensible note... have you upgraded the OS, using software update, fully?