Mighty mouse battery length

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by virtual, Feb 13, 2007.

1. virtual macrumors member

Sep 30, 2006
    A simple question, how long does the BTMM really last for? I want to get one so I have less wires on my already wire-mazed desk.

2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

Mar 4, 2006
    Kent, UK - the 'Garden of England'.
    A few months, not as long as some other mice on the market, and I only use mine casually.

I prefer the wired Apple keyboard and mouse at work.
  3. ironic23 macrumors 6502

Feb 8, 2006
    apple's website claims to have it last for 3 months with 2 batteries in it. (it was there at least when i checked it last year. i can't find any details on it now.) i used mine and it barely lasts 2 months. i use it daily though. i have rechargables in there.
  4. jsalzer macrumors 6502a

Jan 18, 2004

And here I was with my ruler ready to tell you:

2 inches including the tip

1 7/8 inches without the tip

Not what you were really looking for, though. :p

I'm sure Apple's numbers use non-rechargeable batteries (the blue ones specially made for electronics). It makes much more sense to use the rechargeables. You'll change them more often (mine go about a month with constant use), but it's worth it.

5. Photo Monkey macrumors member

Nov 13, 2006
    London, UK
    My Bluetooth mouse does about three months with a set of decent batteries, being used daily. I only got my wireless Mighty Mouse on Monday, so I'll tell you on three months :)
  6. phuong macrumors 6502a

Aug 16, 2006
    be aware though, that ni-mh and alkaline batteries are heavy. if i put 2 batteries in the MM, it becomes much heavier than the logitech MX1000 or VX1000.
    so i generally only put 1 battery in the MM. it's the lightest battery i could find. it has 1800mAh and lasts for about a month or so (1800mAh is pretty low for a battery. most ni-mh batteries how has capacity of 2500mAh and up)
  7. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

Aug 10, 2006
    i seem to always only use one battery because its two is too heavy... i'd say about 2 months with everyday use