Mighty Mouse Battery Life

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by eidrunner247, Jul 25, 2006.

1. eidrunner247 macrumors 6502

I was looking on the Apple website, but I couldn't find any specs about the life of the battery. How long is it usually rated for with two double A batteries? Anyone know?

2. thegreatluke macrumors 6502a

thegreatluke

I'm really looking towards to finding this out too.

Electronics with touch recognition usually have substandard battery life, because they are always scanning for a touch. Maybe... two weeks' battery life?*

We'll know in a week or two I guess.

*Battery lives for peripherals like mouses and keyboards are usually around this range, because it's not by hour, as people don't have their wireless devices on 24/7.

(500th post! Avatar ahoy!)

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Battery life is the main reason I dislike my current Apple BT mouse. It also seems very picky when it comes to batteries.

If Apple takes care of these issues with the BTMM I might even buy one. :)

4. Stinkythe1 macrumors regular

I've been waiting for these since the original mighty mouse came out. Now I don't have to plug in my 2 button USB mouse every time I want to play WoW.

W00t!

5. wako macrumors 65816

You guys should probably check out the RadioShack IC3 rechargeable batteries. They recharge in 15 minutes! It use to be a pain in the butt for me about my BT mouse and keyboard having terrible battery life (mostly because I always forgot to turn them off) and always spending money to replace the battery. But with the rechargeable batteries that recharge in 15 minutes, I stick them in the charger, go out to get a drink, watch a bit of TV, or something to keep me busy for 15 minutes and Im good to go again.

6. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

With my experience the Apple BT keyboard and mouse didn't function well (i.e. bad tracking) with rechargeable batteries. Do those work good?

7. rockandrule macrumors 6502

Hopefully we'll be seeing some rechargeable Li-Ions in AA and AAA batteries soon. I really want some since my Fujifilm S5100 uses four AAs and I can never keep up with the recharging. Also, look into Energizer's Li-Ion batteries. They hold for a VERY long charge, but unfortunately are not rechargeable yet.

8. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

The BT keyboard and BT mouse that came with my iMac work great with rechargeable batteries. Never had any tracking issues at all. An excellent mouse.

9. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

The Batteries in my BT Apple Keyboard last at least 6 months. I was really shocked when I realized how long it has been since a swap out. My Only Concerened about the BT MM is that you can run it on one or two batteries. Its says one for the weight factor. I just dont understand why apple cant throw a recharable in their and call it a day.

10. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

I'm surprised to hear that you would have any issues with a different kind of battery. Very odd, in my opinion. I've been using rechargeables (interchangeably) with my Digital Camera and BT Mouse for almost 2 years. I've never really had any issues.

11. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

There is a whole flexibility issue that is lost when using rechargeable batteries. You're required, then, to use some sort of "base station" which you'd have to consume another outlet with... and what if you're on the road? If you're stuck somewhere and can't get to an outlet, you could at least bring a spare set of AA's (or the BT Mighty Mouse's case, 1 AA) and have more than enough power to get you through your trying times.

Overall, using batteries is a much cheaper, more flexible, less intrusive way to go.

12. WabeWalker macrumors member

I'm not sure if anybody actually answered the original question or not?

13. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

My only issue is that under bluetooth in system prefrences, the BTMM's battery doesnt show up on the meter like my KB does.