Mighty Mouse BT?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Rickay726, May 29, 2006.

1. Rickay726 macrumors 6502

Rickay726

when?! lol i want to buy a bluetooth key board buy seeing that i plug my mouse in the keyboard im going to have to buy a usb hub.

just wondering if anybody has herd any leaks about it?

2. p0intblank macrumors 68030

It hasn't been announced, but we all know it's coming. It's just a matter of when...

3. Nate4747 macrumors regular

There are a lot of other great wireless mouse options. Check out offerings from companies other than Apple. I have a Kensington wireless laser mouse which is absolutely wonderful.

4. RollTide macrumors 6502

RollTide

I have a logitech laser mouse, and I really wasn't excited about getting it,but I have to tell you I have had the same batteries in it forever it seems. I also have dropped it on the concrete twice and it's a little dinged up but it is extremely tough and definetly the best mouse I have ever used.

5. Moshiiii macrumors 6502a

Moshiiii

Just gotta wait patiently for BT Mighty Mouse, its bound to come out sometime.

6. cyberdogl2 macrumors regular

hopefully when it comes they would have fixed the right-click problem of resting your fingers on it. it stopped me from buying the corded one

7. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Nah, I hope they keep that - I like the one-button design. What I do hope they do fix is the damned scrollball. All those times with problems scrolling up or down or whatever because some tiny dirt got lodged inside gets annoying. Maybe make it a static bump and make it touch-sensitive. Maybe make it vibrate ever-so-slightly as you rub on it to make it feel more "natural".

8. Rickay726 thread starter macrumors 6502

Rickay726

thats a preety sweet idea i agree with u on the one button design but i reallly dont liekt he scroll that much. but its better then having to use the scroll bar.

9. arcsbite Guest

I've been holding off for the very same reason!
    only the trackerball thing in the mighty mouse REALLY annoys me when it gets stuck.

think I may just buy the BT keyboard and hook my mouse directly to my mac, as it's really close on my desk, or pick up a usb extention cable.
    when they release the BT MM then the extention will alway be useful for other stuff.

10. Rickay726 thread starter macrumors 6502

Rickay726

yeha i was thinking of an extension cable, because the mighty mouse one is so friggen short it buggs the hell out of me!@

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

How long has it been now? I think the fact that it hasn't come yet is telling ... eventually we have to consider the possibility it just won't happen... :(

12. p0intblank macrumors 68030

It has to happen. A Bluetooth mouse probably isn't their biggest priority right now, that's all. But really, I do see one being released sooner or later. I can't imagine Apple ignoring a product as simple as a Bluetooth mouse. Maybe they're working hard on a total redesign since, in my opinion, the Mighty Mouse has some annoying flaws.

13. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

It has been nearly a year since the Mighty Mouse came out...
    If it hasn't come out yet, I imagine it's either going to take quite a while (the parts just won't fit in and aren't things that can be easily made smaller) or else no one cares.

I'm leaning towards option 1

14. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I actually favor option 2... Apple has a tradition of coming out with peripheral products and then losing interest and abandon them. I'll be happy if it comes out, but I am not holding my breath.

15. Rickay726 thread starter macrumors 6502

Rickay726

16. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

nice, isn't it? :D

17. Rickay726 thread starter macrumors 6502

Rickay726