Mighty Mouse can kiss my Ass

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by quigleybc, Nov 2, 2005.

1. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    The mighty mouse sucks

I thought it was cool, then it stopped scrolling correctly

still scrolls down and side to side, but no longer up....:confused:

Plus clicking things is a bitch..like trying to just click the name of something, so it is renamable...9 times out of ten it opens whatever it is, instead of renaming it.

anyway, Applecare phone peeps told me to take it to my local apple reseller, and my local apple reseller told me to call apple care again....great...

I bought the thing from the apple store, so I would think that it's there problem.

Problem is, I work from 9-6 and on the west coast, the apple phone guys are open from 9-6...sigh

Rant over.....pass on the mouse if you are thinking of buying it....

2. iGary Guest

iGary

Wow, what a totally useless post.

3. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Not totally. Leo Laporte totally shot down the Mighty Mouse on one of his TWiT podcasts, and Leo is a pretty laid back guy. He really hates the MM.

Edit: You might as well add "WTF' to the words to be banned since we all know what that phrase means.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Gamers hate that thing, I wonder what its dpi is??? Im sure its pretty low if my white Mac mouse is any example. Mac mice allways seem to .......................................SUCK!

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I want a mighty mouse, at £30 you cant really go wrong. But my main mouse will always be my Logitech V500. the DPI on that thing is incredible. when i bought it im sure it had the 2nd highest DPI of any mouse (barring the laser mouse, or was it 2nd to that? hmm).

but yes. useless post.

6. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

i'll reserve judgement till i have a godd fiddle with a MM, but it hasn't taken the Mac world by storm either.

7. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

i dont like the MM either, i bought one last week and took it back... if it has seperate buttons so you didnt have to mess about taking your fingers of etc, it ould be a load better.

8. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

OK. So things MUST be bad if someone from BC's p***ed off! ;)

It's a nice looking mouse, but I find it quite tricky at times to operate the buttons. When I'm scrolling up and down on a webpage, it's way too easy for me to go back to the previous page - there may be an adjustment/setting for this.

I'm almost ready to replace it with my spare Silver/Red MS mini-Notebook mouse, I say almost as I'd prefer to use the Mighty Mouse, rather than start replacing components only a week or two after getting them!

The 'look' of my setup doesn't bother me so much as making it work. I've two external drives and a second LG screen hooked up to my iMac, cables and stuff everywhere, so it doesn't look anything like the Apple pics. :)

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Under most circumstances, mice should never be hard to use. Whether the mouse is usable is not the issue. I'm sure it's usable. However, there's no point in using a "tricky" mouse when every other mouse in today's market is easier to use.

10. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

... agreed.

I'll keep practising with the Mighty Mouse for now, to give it a chance, but I'm still having trouble with it in another week or so I think I'll be switching to my other trusty mouse.

Disappointing since it was one of the reasons I sent my Rev.B back, in order to switch it for a Rev.C.

11. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Make it BT and more reliable for the same price and I'd go for it. But until then...

BTW, still looking for a good 2 button + scroll wheel, full-size BT mouse. Hard to find!

12. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

More useless is to quote an entire post when is just above yours just to make a silly comment :rolleyes:

13. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

14. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    i think it's great, yeah sometimes i end up clicking the right button 'cause i forgot it was a two button mouse, but it makes everything so much quicker, especially the scrollball.

and can someone enlighten me as to the advantage of a higher dpi on a mouse? i can't think of one, i'd love to know :)

15. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Wow, what a totally useless post.

16. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

17. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

ok, before this gets locked...

Why is this a useless post? This is a simple product review, albeit an unorthodox one. As someone who has thought about getting a mighty mouse, I appreciate hearing about users' experiences with it, both good and bad.

Would you all have said "what a useless post" if this review were praising the mighty mouse in similar (unorthodox) way? No way; you would have said "glad you like it," "I love mine too," "thanks for the review," etc. You're only reacting this way because this was a rare negative post about a product actually made by apple.

18. Agent Smith macrumors 6502

I love the Mighty Mouse, save the somewhat stupid name. It is by far the best mouse I've used. It took a little while getting used to it (i.e. slightly lifting your index finger to right-click something), but it wasn't anything major. If people are concerned that it is not a gaming mouse, you're probably on the wrong platform.

All that said, I am not a "Pro" user of Macs; I'm just a teacher/student, so I can't comment on the MMs efficacy in the Pro apps. I just love it is all...:)

Edit: Sweet! 100th post! I'm now a regular! When I get paid next, I'll be a Demi-God (hopefully... :p )

19. Chacala_Nayarit macrumors 6502

Chacala_Nayarit

w+f :p

Have you seen the Penn & Teller Bvllsy!+ episode on profanity?

20. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

i find the MM very good i like it alot. i'm glad i bought it cuz i was getting bored of the one botton mouse. thumbs up MM....my two cents

*dont really care who likes it, sucks for u if u dont*

Bless

21. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    oh, and i thought it was supposed to be touch sensitive? it clearly moves down when you click it, just like the regular mice :confused:

22. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

I know you were being sarcastic, but thats effing stupid. Its still a whole shell, but it "knows" what side you clicked on, therefore confusing the less computer literate and making the whole thing overall more expensive to make, and more expensive for the consumer. And all for what? Looks? I'll wait for a BT version, then I'll see.

23. quigleybc thread starter macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

Thank you

I didn't think a negative product review would be considered a useless post...

Considering the threads about Harry Potter, Alias, and "worst gift ever"

That's why I put it in community discussions.

Also, I spelled the word as a#s, so not sure why that got changed..

If people can't rant about apple products they think suck, and or broke on them, then this isn't much of a "discussion" section either...

my thoughts,

delete it or lock it or put it in the wastelands....just don't but a mighty mouse

And I thought the MM was pretty cool, until the scroll ball died on me...Only had it for about 2 months

.02 cents

24. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01