Mighty Mouse dilemma

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JW8725, Aug 12, 2005.

1. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

I have Tiger 10.4.2 and I'm considering the Mighty Mouse. I'm one of those unsure people. I sold off my BT mouse as I had a problem with the one button clicking. Anyway I have a Microsoft IntelliMouse:
    [​IMG]

It has long served me well in my Windows days and continues to give me joy. If you look at the nice pic notice the silver side buttons, they compliment my mac mini well too. However its got the dreaded microsoft word in it. Now I could scratch it off or put an apple sticker on it but you see I have this problem of buying only one brand - and that being Apple!

I read in some other thread that you must install some software for the Mighty Mouse to allow functionality of the side buttons? Even then both buttons only allow for 1 function and are not independant right? Also the 27" chord needs to be connected to the back of the mac as I dont have USB connection on the keyboard. I might need to move the mac about here a little as its on the corner of my table.

Now then the Microsoft mouse didnt need any software installing for the side buttons to work. They work independantly and its got a long lead. So why the heck dont I just shut up and keep using the damn thing? Maybe I should, but i swear I can almost hear the Mighty Mouse calling me....come to daddy..etc... Should I indulge?

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Nah. I have the same mouse (on multiple Macs) and I quite like it. I use INtelliPoint drive to help assign button control to various things across various apps. I don't see the need to reinvent the wheel and drop $X on another mouse just because it's 'faddy'. Stick with your current mouse and consider the Mighty Mouse (assuming it's still around) when you get your next Mac.

3. nsutt22 macrumors regular

nsutt22

I have an Intellimouse everywhere... the only way apple is going to make me Mighty up is if its bluetooth :)

Anyone else agree?

4. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I have a Logitech MX 1000 and i love it! i wouldnt give it up for a nipple mouse.

Ed

5. JW8725 thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOL :D

6. nsutt22 macrumors regular

nsutt22

very well put :)

7. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

Well, I'll be the odd man out here and say, "hell ya get the darn thing.." It's overpriced, has a nipple and is freaking cool.

I ordered mine, sold off the logitech, and I am still patiently waiting for it to arrive, could be today when I get home from work (crosses fingers). :D

Do you need it? no..Do you want it? you know you do, it has a nipple...

I say, if you have the extra loot, you should get it, if for no other reason than to get the micro$oft logo off your desk.

I heard that Apple is totally sold out of them though, so you might not have to even worry about it.

Indulge I say...INDULGE! :p

8. jsfpa macrumors regular

jsfpa

Mine was delivered today. So far I love it. I wasn't sure if I'd like the "nipple" but it works well and has a nice flow when scrolling. I've been using a Logitech trackball so it will take a while to get use to a mouse again. The only con I see so far is the lenght of the USB cable. It's a perfect lenth to plug into the port on the keyboard but if you have to plug into the computer itself you might not make it. It won't even come close to mine but I use the keyboard port. :)