Mighty Mouse drivers on MacBook

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Einrel Koral, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Einrel Koral macrumors newbie

Aug 19, 2005
    I just got my new MacBook and I intend to use the Mighty Mouse I already purchased with it. At first, I couldn't find the CD with the Mighty Mouse software on it, so I installed SteerMouse (which I downloaded from Apple.com). I didn't quite like the way it worked, so I uninstalled it once I found the Mighty Mouse CD. However, upon installing the software, the mouse works as expected (as in, the right click works, clicking the scroll ball brings up the Dashboard, etc.), but I can't access the preference panel to customize the buttons. It just brings up the normal mouse preference panel. The only real thing I want to do is completely disable the side buttons (they're too sensitive for my taste). I've reinstalled it several times (and restarted several times) but to no avail. What can I do?
  2. mduser63 macrumors 68040

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Recent versions of OS X include the Mighty Mouse driver, so you don't need the CD. My iMac for example, has the Mighty Mouse preference pane when a Mighty Mouse is plugged in, although I've never installed the Mighty Mouse drivers. My PowerBook did require the drivers originally. I never used the Mighty Mouse on my Power Mac until after 10.4.6 was on it, and yet it recognizes it just fine. Anyway, not sure what to tell you except that maybe you shouldn't have used the CD.