Mighty Mouse has issues

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Calihafan, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Calihafan macrumors member

I got a Mighty Mouse for Christmas and it just started to malfunction, like, fifteen minutes ago. Whenever I put my whole hand over the mouse, with my second finger over the left side of the mouse and my middle finger on the right, it clicks as if I'm squeezing the squeeze buttons and does the action. I had the squeeze buttons set to Exposè, so imagine my surprise when I grab my mouse and my windows start zooming about the screen.

Any ideas what's causing this?

Thanks,
    Calih

2. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

Is there any chance that it could have gotten some dirt in it? Just try using your mouth to blow it out, because dirt can get in there and mess up the sensitivity of the buttons.

3. Sweetmantwo macrumors newbie

I have a problem with my Wireless Mighty Mouse,
    the mouse will not turn on. I have switched it up, and
    made sure there are live batteries in it, but nothing.
    The light will not turn on or anything. Is there anything
    you can suggest? I'm pretty sure it hasn't been dropped.
    Any advice would be extremely helpful :)

-Sweetmantwo

4. techster85 macrumors regular

Blow out all the connections, sell the mouse on the marketplace, then go buy a more reliable product haha. just kidding, the might mouse is a great product, but you have to keep it cleaned out for it to work right.

5. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

It has a one-year warranty - take it back and get a working replacement.

6. ppnkg macrumors 6502a

ppnkg

Perhaps we should start a new thread (better, a sticky) with mightymouse issues and advice on how to clean it...This is thing is addictive as hell, but once the dirt begins to pile up inside, you got trouble..

7. Sweetmantwo macrumors newbie

Another problem

The mouse fixed itself after a little while... Thanks for all your help :)
    But another thing that has arisen with it, is that at times, the connection just gets lost... So I take off the bottom battery case thing, and there's this little plastic bit, that blends in with the rest of the mouse, and I pushed that in, and it worked o_O So I do that each time it d/c's...
    Any idea's why it's doing that? Thanks,

-Sweetmantwo (Ashton)

8. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

THE SAME THING IS HAPPENING TO ME. AND ITS DRIVING ME FREAKIN NUTS.

Apple just sent me a BRAND NEW mighty mouse YESTERDAY too, and its doing it, so i don't know how it could be any dirt or grime, etc.

I was about to post the folllowing when I saw this thread...

Hello all,

I have been using a wired mighty mouse since the summer time. My friend got one of the bluetooth ones in the fall and for some reason I felt compelled to install the software that came with his mouse, thinking it might add some sort of update and i might get an extra feature or something, STUPID I KNOW, but I always like to experiment.

So anyways, at random times my mighty mouse will click on its own, the right (secondary) button will start to perform the function of the "Side buttons" all by itself, or it just gets overly sensitive. It doesn't do so all the time though. But it does it more often than not.

I thought it was the mouse itself, because It would make the noise like it was doing it even before i logged in, and even on another test username. But apple just sent me a new mouse and its doing it as well. So now i'm thinking it must be the mighty mouse software I installed.

Is there any way to uninstall it or any plist file i might try trashing?
    Thanks!