mighty mouse help

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wootang71, Apr 5, 2006.

1. wootang71 macrumors newbie

yesterday, all of a sudden, the track ball on my mighty mouse won't make things scroll up. they still go down and laterally, just not up. does anyone have any fix suggestions? thanks

2. munckee macrumors 65816

Rub the trackball vigorously against your shirt or pants leg. There's just something clogging it. Do a search for might mouse; there are a bunch of people discussing fixes for this issue.

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I won't lie to you but i have this problem. I cleaned it over and over but now the stupid track ball will not scroll down EVER!....i hate this MM but i spent $50 on it so im going to use it until it turns to dust...or unless i had enough and haul it out the window.

Bless

4. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

Use a slightly damp paper towel (or similar fabric) and rub it fairly hard up and down for about 30 seconds.. it should unstick it.

5. tartsquid macrumors regular

tartsquid

I dip the tip of a q tip in alcohol (just enough to get it damp, not wet) and rub it over the track ball, being sure to rub it in every direction so that the whole surface gets cleaned. That method has restored my scrolling ability every time that I've had a problem.