Mighty mouse jiggle?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Nuks, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Nuks macrumors 6502a

I dropped my mighty mouse the other day, and after inspecting it, I noticed that it has a kind of jiggle. Like you can wiggle the bottom part araound a bit, and if you click it slowly, it will depress a bit (and make a noise) before it clicks. I don't know if this is normal, and I just noticed it after inspecting the mouse, or if it's a problem caused by dropping it.

Any help?
    Thanks.

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Not sure what you mean by jiggle but the noise and depression action almost sounds like the case has come apart a little. Try squeezing the mouse back together it may click back in place.

3. Nuks thread starter macrumors 6502a

You mean pushing the top half and bottom half together? Just trying to set the bottom part back in place? (I think it's the bottom that's come loose)

4. Nuks thread starter macrumors 6502a

Alright, i tried that, but I think it may have even gotten worse.

Any other suggestions?

5. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Im not sure then. If its new (under warranty) just call Apple and say you have a problem with the mouse. If they ask what it is just say the scroll ball keeps getting stuck. Dont tell them until they ask though. They will most likely tell you to buy a new one then return your damaged one in the box to wherever they tell you. When they receive it they will credit you for the cost of the mouse.

I called them and said 'I have a problem with my mighty mouse' she didnt even ask what was wrong with it she just told me to buy another post back the crap one and get a refund on their receipt of delivery. Easy! :D

6. Nuks thread starter macrumors 6502a

Excellent- I called and she told me they'd COD a new mouse in 3-5 days. Which is good, because I honestly don't have 70 bucks to spend on a new one, even if they were to repay me. The macbook has my poor college budget depleted!

Anyway, thanks for your help, stuartluff

7. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

No probs! :)