mighty mouse = lmb (edited by mod)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jordansampson, Sep 12, 2006.

1. jordansampson macrumors member

I dont care what anyone says the right click feature does not work. i can take my entire hand off the thing and use only my index finger to press the right side and i still only get the right click function 1 out of 10 times. i was thinking about posting a video of this. i would have found it quite funny if it wasnt so frustrating.

2. Zeke macrumors 6502

Maybe you have a defective one...works every time for me.

3. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

Defective.

Then again, I won't be buying another mouse anyways, since my scrollball broke just a couple weeks (or was it months? i think it was weeks) after purchase.

4. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

mine has worked fine from day 1(when it came out)...check your system prefrences

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

LOL, All I can say is here is another not so mighty mouse thread. Why Apple? Why cant you make a decent mouse??? Still, this threads title is a little rude and a lot funny.:D

6. amin macrumors 6502a

amin

I agree - MM is terrible. I suppose it is possible that all three of my MMs are defective, but it seems more likely that they just suck.

7. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

I have been thinking about that new logitech if anybody has any experience with it. If they could shed some light on the subject it would be nice otherwise haven't had any issues with my mm

8. jordansampson thread starter macrumors member

It doesnt give me an sensitivity options in the prefs. It just a choice between primary button or secondary.

9. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

It worked perfectly for me the first time I ever even touched one in an Apple store. Played with it a few minutes and actually seemed like a pretty decent mouse.

10. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

My wireless MM is sweeeeeeeet.

...no problems here...knock on wood.

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

LOL...I saw the title and almost fall out of the chair....yes MM suck.

Bless

12. Steve Jobless macrumors 6502

crap did i just throw away $38? I havent got the mouse yet, but circuit city has a nice ms mouse for 25 AR

13. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

$38 is not bad but there are better mouse out there....you might enjoy it...be prepared to clean it often to get that ball working...I can't be bothered anymore with it.

Bless

14. jordansampson thread starter macrumors member

i guess my tittle was to hardcore for the mods.... just so everyone knows i wasnt refering to my testicles... i was refering to my tennis balls. I just happen to believe that mm licks my tenis balls. thats all

15. riciad macrumors 6502

Haven't had one problem with my wireless MM that I ordered the day it came out.

I use it in 3D modelling software and rendering software both of which make intensive use of the right button for contextual menus and it works perfectly.

The combination of control+scroll is a godsend for zooming in to details to avoid a time consuming screen redraw and I use the middle button feature for orbiting around the scene.

I love it.

16. jordansampson thread starter macrumors member

i guess i got a bad one then... like i said beore i can literally take my entire hand off the mouse and ust press the right side with my index finger and nothing happens.

17. Steve Jobless macrumors 6502

if i have problems would apple support it or anything?

18. FredClausen macrumors regular

FredClausen

This just in, pigs do fly.

19. Steve Jobless macrumors 6502

my MM doesnt right click either! I think I want a refund....

is there a way around this besides using the track pad?

20. Zeke macrumors 6502

I have to ask all of you guys whose MM doesn't work. Did you actually set up the right click in the mouse control panel? It didn't work for me initially but once I found that and turned right click on it worked without a hitch.

Just figured I'd throw it out there since it took me a little while to discover it.

21. Cowinacape macrumors regular

Nice save :D

On a related note, being as my new MP has bluetooth in it, can any bt mouse be used with it? Or does a new mouse mean new bt dongle? Not saying my MM is having any relationship (that I know of) with my tennis balls, but the verdict is out on weather or not the MM is really for me, love the wireless feature, but not real big on the shap and size, greatly prefer my old corded MS Intelimouse Explorer. Perect fit for me.