Mighty Mouse not "remembering" mouse settings

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ProstheticHead, Dec 1, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

This has been happening for a while. It happened on Tiger and it is still happening on Leopard. I set my Mighty Mouse button 3 to Dashboard and button 4 to Exposé - All Windows. If the computer goes to sleep / restarts, the mouse all of a sudden "forgets" that I set those two buttons. It is really annoying. Anyone else having this issue / know a possible fix?

2. macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Wireless or wired?

I may be wrong, but it would make most sense that the settings are actually stored on the computer and not in the mouse. In this case, it would be likely that something with your preferences has become corrupted. My first suggestion would then be to repair permissions using Disk Utility (only because its the simplest thing to do).

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, it's the wired Mighty Mouse. I'll run the Disk Utility when I get back to the iMac tonight. Thanks!

EDIT: I ran the permissions repair and it seems to be working fine, there was a list of about 20 permissions that it did not repair, so I'm considering just doing a clean wipe and starting fresh. Time to start backing up all my garbage!