Mighty Mouse or Trackpad for iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Frazer19, Sep 15, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Frazer19

I love using my iPad as a portable device but sometimes when i dock it down and use my wireless keyboard i wish i had a mouse for it or atleast a trackpad.

Do you think it is possible that apple will release a wireless mouse or trackpad that is compatible with the iPad?

2. macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

seriously doubt it, the whole interface is geared towards touch, alot of the features of apps just wouldnt work without fingers.

3. macrumors 68030

RaceTripper

And yet, the iPad doesn't support gestures like the track pad does.

4. macrumors 65816

MrWillie

It's my understanding that if you have a jail broken iPad, there is an app for using a mouse. I don't have a dock or a wireless keyboard, and I have no desire to use a mouse, so I don't know how well it works.

5. macrumors 68030

Amazing Iceman

I don't believe so... The iPad interface is touch based and it doesn't support a pointer (mouse) by design. The screen works as a trackpad.

Don't get me wrong, it would be nice if mouse support was available for Remote Control apps such as LogMeIn and Remote Desktop.

I've been considering getting a Bluetooth Keyboard for my iPad, but so far, I've learn to type fast on the iPad itself. Plus, it would be another thing to carry around.

For your Mac, get a Magic Trackpad of course!
    I haven't used a mouse in a very long time, only Trackballs. And on Monday I bought a Magic Trackpad, and so far I love it!

6. macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

good point, although i'd like to see someone try to play Planets vs Zombies HD with the trackpad :D

7. macrumors 68030

RaceTripper

No, but I'd at least like to have swipe to go back/forth in Safari , instead having to tap the little icons with my fat fingers.