Mighty Mouse Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cliffrouse11bas, Jan 15, 2006.

1. cliffrouse11bas macrumors regular

I am having some scrolling issue problem with my mighty mouse. I can scroll up, but not down. Is there a simple fix or will I need to return it? Thanks

Cliff

2. cliffrouse11bas thread starter macrumors regular

3. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Before you return it turn it upside down, push the scroll wheel in and spin it a bit. That should fix it. If not then return it.

4. cliffrouse11bas thread starter macrumors regular

Replacement on the way. Tried turning it upside down, didnt work for me.

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

mines always doing this but its too late for me to return it....guess i'll have to live with it.

Bless

6. Mc Pavel macrumors member

yes, mine mighty mouse has the same problem. i must say this apple product really sucks :mad:

7. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    yet another issue

I also have issues with my Mighty Mouse

I don't know if I can still return it but I doubt it..

I had a big rant on this site a while back about how it wouldn't scroll up anymore...needless to say, I was pissed.

But I got used to it, then yesterday it worked again, scrolling up down, and left to right...yipeee!!!!

Then a few hours later, it stopped down.....arggggg...how would it switch like that?? first no up scrolling but it scrolled down,, then no down scrolling, but it scrolls up?????

Son of a ........

I hate this mouse, is it possible to open it and clean it or what?? I need some trouble shooting techiniques for this problem or I'm gonna toss it off my balcony....

8. poohat1000 macrumors 6502

poohat1000

this is really strange, my mighty mouse scroll wheel works in call of duty, warcraft and other app's but doesnt scroll at all in the finder ::mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

any ideaS?

9. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    *update*

And now the mighty mouse is scrolling up and down just fine again......what is the deal with this thing??

I won't throw it off the balcony just yet i guess.....

10. narco macrumors 65816

narco

My 5th Mighty Mouse just busted. At least this one lasted two months before crapping out -- the other 4 only lasted a week or two. I wish the Apple store had more of a variety when it comes to mouses -- I really wanted that white Kensington mouse with the scroll pad thing. Now that I'm used to the Mighty Mouse, I'm spoiled with the scroll wheel -- it's a great mouse, I just wish it would LAST.

Fishes,
    narco.

11. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

It has a 1 year warranty, i didnt think the Mighty Mouse has even been out a year yet.

Ed

12. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Seems like we sure have a lot of these mighty mouse and the problem thread. Why cant Apple make a decent mouse? I hate to admit it but after 1.5 yrs on a microsoft intellimouse i would say apple should let Microsoft build a mouse for them. Why not? they have Intel making Cpu's now. Apples mice have allways left us wanting ,i dont just dont get it. Let Intel make the cpu,Microstink the mouse and let Apple do what it does best and thats the OS.:cool:

13. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

My Mighty Mouse has stopped scrolling down from time to time, but per Apple's support page I turn it upside down and "scroll vigorously" with a damp rag and it takes care of it every time.

I love the Mighty Mouse too much to get rid of it, just have to clean it from time to time.

14. IanC macrumors regular

Mine sometimes have the scroll ball sticking prob, but doing what apple says always fixes it :)

Thing is, lots of people find the Mighty Mouse to be decent. :rolleyes:

15. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Thats cool, i can remember when macs mice were beige:eek: had a hockey mouse, etc...

16. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

The Hockey Puck Mouse was awesome! ;)

17. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

It still works.:D and so easy to pop out that ball and clean those rollers.

18. narco macrumors 65816

narco

I think the upside-down-virgorous-scrolling trick is what made my mighty mouse last as long as it has, but it just doesn't work anymore. i wish it would have at least stopped scrolling up, scrolling down is what i need!

Fishes,
    narco.

19. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

I'm less excited about the Mighty Mouse that comes with my iMac after reading this thread.