Mighty Mouse problem?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Perfusion, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Perfusion macrumors newbie

It seems as though the roller ball on my mouse no longer wants to allow me to use it to scroll down, like in a forum such as this. "Up" and side to side works, but the down doesn't. It doesn't make that faint clicking when you roll it down, either.

My computer is only ~1 month or so old. Should I just take my mouse over to the local Apple store for a new one?

2. x86 macrumors regular

x86

3. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Try cleaning it first. What worked for me was holding it upside down (scroll ball down) onto a piece of white paper and rubbing the ball in all directions HARD. That got it movin' again!

4. Perfusion thread starter macrumors newbie

Man...that's freakin' *genius*! It worked! Thanks!!!

5. wootang71 macrumors newbie

do you mean rub the mouse HARD or FAST? i just took your tip and my mouse works properly again. it wouldn't scroll down either. then i did the paper trick. can't believe how much crap fell out of it. thought jimmy hoffa's bones were in there or something. oh wait, didn't they find that guy? anyway, thanks for the tip.

6. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Extreme trick. I've had my MM for two three weeks or so. I did this just to clean it out. Wow. It's definietly clean, and also a lot more responsive. Thanx:D