Mighty Mouse Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Burnout, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Burnout macrumors member

My Mighty Mouse has started to squeak and no longer scrolls downwards.
    I've tried cleaning it but still the same.

I bought it from Apple online.
    How can I get a replacement? I know I can phone up, but is there not an email address or an online process to go through?

Cheers

2. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

Wouldn't you rather ring up anyway??? :confused: I mean it's a lot quicker than waiting for email replies.

3. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

Mine started squeaking too. To sort it, I turned it upside down and firmly pushed the base upwards - towards the cable end. This seemed to work because I think the squeaking is coming from the top casing rubbing against the base.

As for the scrolling issue - try searching the forums. A lot of other users have had a similar problem, which I seem to recall was caused by the buildup of dirt around the scrollball.

4. Burnout thread starter macrumors member

Half way there.
    The squeak seems to have gone, still no scrolling down. Tried all of the things listed here and at other sites.

So is there an email address to contact them? (in the UK)
    I prefer email to phone :p

Cheers

5. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

I've looked on the UK Apple site and there doesn't appear to be any post purchase email support - only the telephone number. Whilst I agree with epepper9 that speaking to them is usually the better way do it, I am a little surprised that there is no email option for those who can't actually use a telephone (be it for physical reasons or whatever).

The only email type interaction I can find is through the feedback section. I'm not sure that they would process a refund/replacement through this, but it wouldn't hurt to try or to suggest that they do implement email support.

6. Burnout thread starter macrumors member

I've currently got a cold (can hardly talk or hear a thing) so guess i'll have to wait a day or two.. oh well.

I sent Apple a feedback email about having an online returns/faulty facility.

Cheers for all the help Kernow :cool:

7. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Definitely take it to an Apple store (if geographically feasible for you) or call them. E-mail & Apple is slow and generally a pain in the rear. I'm sure if it's actually malfunctioning they'll replace it for you (since the product has only been out a few months). If not, you can at least have a piece of mind. :cool: