Mighty Mouse problems?...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by macsrockmysocks, Jul 20, 2006.

1. macsrockmysocks macrumors regular

I have been having my Mighty Mouse since I think March, along with my first mac. But, I have noticed that when I slightly press down on it(not even enough to click) I hear a click noise. Now, I used to have Dashboard come up when you click the side buttons. But with this problem, it has been making Dashboard come up. So I had to disable my dasboard shortcut off my mouse. What should I do about this problem?

2. nickelbackmac macrumors regular

nickelbackmac

Tell Apple. If that don't work, take in into a local store. Just being helpful over here :eek: .

3. chrismccorkle macrumors regular

chrismccorkle

yeah, suddenly mine can only scroll up, left, and right

4. FenixDrakken macrumors newbie

This exact same thing has been happening with my Mighty Mouse recently. Simply resting my hand on the top of the mouse can activate the side-button function, without even pressing the side buttons. This usually happens rapidly as long as I hold my hand on the mouse, toggling Expose on and off and on and off constantly. Eventually I just turned off the side buttons; it still makes the clicking constantly but it does nothing. I was starting to think I was the only person with this problem, since Googling for Mighty Mouse issues only yields tons of people with scrolling problems.

5. lynziwow macrumors member

problems

hey ya'll -

I've got BOTH MM problems...the scrolling and the random expose toggling. I have had Applecare since 11/05, would this Mighty Mouse be elligible for warranty since it came with my computer?

I went to the apple stpre yesterday and a new mighty mouse costs $49!!! yikes.

Also, does anyone know how to safely take the mouse apart? it almost feels like I'm having the scrolling issues because something is stuckl underneath the track ball.

6. Miguel0019 macrumors member

You shoule clean your mighty mouse, at least once a week.

7. lynziwow macrumors member

How?

8. z00y0rk macrumors member

z00y0rk

It's not your individual Mighty Mouse. I even have used it. If you don't clean it (water +tissue, or any other cleaning product) it won't be able to scroll. I am currently using a Kensington mouse and I think that it is MUCH better then a mighty mouse.

9. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

I own two, one bought first day it came out the second friend bought when was in london. Mine work flawlessly the scroll ball gunks up some times but turning the MM upside down and rubbing it on a piece of paper does the trick.

10. tipdrill407 macrumors 6502

I think the best solution is to throw away your might mouse and get yourself a nice laser mouse from logitech.

11. jamesmcd macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

Yeah, this mightymouse appears to be 'just another piece of s***** hardware to come out of china'.

I remember having ball mouse and how bad they were. Going back to the ball for the scroller not so good me thinks.

12. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

At least once a week???Where do you use your mouse? In the shed along with your gardening tools?

13. z00y0rk macrumors member

z00y0rk

He's not kidding. You really do have to clean it once a week. Well, thats what my cousin had to do. And no, he wasn't using his mighty mouse along with his gardening tools by his shed.

14. buffalo macrumors 65816

15. z00y0rk macrumors member

z00y0rk

He's gone threw 3 (what he thought was defective but not) Mighty mice. He brought them back to the apple store because they wouldn't scroll. Which turned out if you clean it for 30 mins a week that doesn't happen. He started to have to clean it every day, and yes that is what led him to do that.

16. macsrockmysocks thread starter macrumors regular

I have noticed another problem. Sporadically my cursor will just zoom to an edge of the screen. It really gets aggervating. Anyone have any ideas about this?

17. z00y0rk macrumors member

z00y0rk

Yes! Do the same thing that my cousin did and get a better kensington mouse because there comfortable.

18. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest