Mighty Mouse question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by fjs08, Jan 5, 2006.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

Hi,

I got myself a new keyboard and another MIghty Mouse (MM). I was going to take the new one to the office, but was wondering if anything is different between the one I have at home, which is one of the original MM's and the new one.

Thanks.

Frank

2. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

3. javiercr macrumors 6502

javiercr

4. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Of course there's a chance that Apple has made minor engineering revisions/improvements to the Mighty Mouse to cut production cost, or improve reliability. However, I haven't heard of anyone discovering anything like that, and there's certainly not been any official/significant changes.

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

i dont think theres a difference unless it just a tweak...dont worry about it.

Bless

6. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

Dumb question from my side. Does it feel different to you? Does it look different? What makes you think that there is a difference between the two?

It could well be that apple has done minor changes on the mouse maybe even changed manufacturers in the meantime.

7. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

>>Dumb question from my side. Does it feel different to you? Does it look different? What makes you think that there is a difference between the two?<<

The keyboard is a lot nicer. I like the softer feel. I used to like the clicky IBM keyboards, but Apples are great.

The Mighty Mouse is really cool. Transparent 2-button with an eraser sized track ball. I'm sold on it. The MM is programable. I bring up Expose by clicking the trackball.

Frank

8. wasimyaqoob macrumors 6502a

9. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

My mighty mouse broke in a month. :(

10. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

>>My mighty mouse broke in a month<<

What's the warranty??

I brought my new one to the office. I love it.
    Now if only I can find an easy way to hook my Mac to my LCD TV, I'd have something.

Frank

11. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

I prefer to leave the default squeeze button setting to Exposé and Dashboard to centre click. Since I don't use dashboard much, (though i don't own a mac at the moment, I use them a fair bit), I guess it would be sensible to redefine the centre click to a common function, but I like the default settings, they fit me near perfectly.

12. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

I have the track ball set to Expose when I click it. I love using Expose and the button is always handy on top of the mouse.

Frank

13. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

The warranty is 1 year from date of purchase :)

Ed