Mighty Mouse Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bigrell486, Aug 14, 2006.

1. bigrell486 macrumors 6502

Jul 10, 2006
    Hi, i'm looking to buy a Mighty Mouse to go with my Macbook but one thing concerns me.

How long is the cord on the usb model?

I ask this because the USB ports on the Macbook are on the left and I use my mouse on the right. I also don't want the bluetooth one because it costs more and I can't really afford to constantly replace the batteries.

Thanks in advance. :)
  2. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

Mar 24, 2006
    I think the cord from memory is about 1 metre long. I know because I was measuring as well and it wasn't long enough for me so I got the bluetooth
  3. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Jan 2, 2005
    you can always get the usb extention cable. They are at basically any computer store.
  4. MacRumoron macrumors 6502

Sep 6, 2005
    i did a quick measure with my 7 inch ruler..

it is about 29 inches
  5. DickArmAndHarT macrumors 6502

Jul 22, 2004

Dude, i know what your saying about the batterys and price. but consider getting the bluetooth. I was so glad I did on my bluetooth (apple, non-mighty mouse) but then i realized fueling them was ca major issue. So I invested another 20 into 4 rechargable batterys and a fast charger.(2-3 hours to full). They last for about two weeks and then i switch them up. Its great for me because when i set my computer on the stand, i want it to be all connected and ready to go, no hassel.
  6. mduser63 macrumors 68040

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    FWIW, I use my Mighty Mouse with my PowerBook pretty often, and the cord length is fine. I put the cord around the back of my 'Book and plug it in on the left side. That said, it's no big deal anyway, because you can get a USB extension cord so cheaply.
  7. bigrell486 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 10, 2006
    You guys are right, I could just use an extension cable. I forgot all about them. But then again I could avoid the desk clutter by going with the bluetooth and rechargable batteries.

I'll have to think about it cause I need to save all the money I can, I start college in 2 weeks! :D