Mighty Mouse Right Click Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by The Stig, Jan 22, 2007.

1. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

Wireless Might Mouse Right Click Problems.

I'm having right clicking problem with my wireless MM. YES, I know, I lift my left finger. I do that, but sometimes it still doesn't work. What will happen is I'll be clicking around in firefox and then I go to right click on something and it left clicks. I think maybe I did it wrong and I test it on my desktop and it works and sometimes doesn't work. I turn off the MM by closing the door on the bottom of my mouse and then I wait until it disconnects and then I turn it back on. After that it works fine, in firefox and every where else. I mostly notice it in firefox because that is where I do 99% of my right clicking. I don't think it is firefox that is the problem because it will work fine once I off/on the mouse.

I'm using a MB C2D.

Other lame things that I've done. Yes, it is paired. Yes, I installed the software that came with the mouse. Yes, I'm 100% sure I don't have my left finger on the mouse when clicking.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

The Stig

2. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

My (wired) MM would have trouble registering right-clicks when the processor was under heavy load at times. If I'd just clicked 3 or 4 Dock icons and was waiting for the apps to open, there'd be a chance a right-click would not register until the apps were fully loaded and the CPU was back to idle.

3. The Stig thread starter macrumors 6502a

The Stig

Nope. The only I really have running is safari, firefox and MSN mess. So it isn't that.

On a side note, my track pad will not respond for a second or two when things are loading, but the MM works fine when things are loading... weird, I know.

The Stig

4. hanschien macrumors 6502

hanschien

If it's Wireless:
    1. Turn the Mighty Mouse off then on.

2. Delete the Wireless Mighty Mouse from the Bluetooth Devices in System Preferences then add it back in.
    (Note: Have a backup USB mouse handy if you're not working on a notebook with a trackpad)

If all else fails:
    3. Give the top of the Mighty Mouse a good cleanin'. Sometimes the oily buildup confuse the sensors.

5. The Stig thread starter macrumors 6502a

The Stig

You were not listening were you? Did you even read what I wrote? Why post this and waste my time by posting mostly useless information?

1. I already do turn it off and then on I SAID THAT!

2. I did not try this yet. This is what I meant by "mostly useless information". Thanks, I'll try that.
    (Note: I AM USING A NOTEBOOK!!! IF YOU READ MY POST I SAID THAT I'M USING A FRIGGING' MACBOOK!!! PLUS IT IS A MAC!! IF I REALLY WANTED TO I COULD JUST CTRL CLICK ON THINGS!!!)

3. How do you purpose I clean the right click senor??? How the heck does that make any sense. I could clean the laser sensor, but that isn't the problem. I took clean the track ball but that isn't the problem. Do you think I would take apart the whole thing just clean the right click senor? I don't even think you can clean it. So, good idea...

The Stig

6. hanschien macrumors 6502

hanschien

1. Sorry, you just wasted more time replying.

2. I copied and pasted from another thread I posted on another forum. The backup mouse is just in case OTHER people reading this thread are using a mini or iMac w/o a trackpad to navigate in the System Preferences.

3. Notice i said the "Top" of the mouse, not the inside, laser, etc...

4. LOL @ you, my mouse WORKS :p

7. The Stig thread starter macrumors 6502a

The Stig

1. You're forgiven

2. Well you should read the thread and edit your copied post to fit. Good idea to help other people by posting more information, but you should say that too so you don't look like you just weren't reading.

3. You did say "top", my bad. I'll try that, but since it does work just fine when I turn it off/on it doesn't seem to be the problem.

4. Shut up :p

The Stig

8. Kelmon macrumors 6502a

Kelmon

This isn't terribly helpful but I would simply recommend getting a different mouse. I bought a Wireless Mighty Mouse with my Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro last year and encountered exactly the same problems as you. The mouse was returned to Apple for a refund since I suspected a defective unit but after talking with Apple Store representatives and reading the comments for the model on the online Apple Store site I can only suggest that the entire product is defective. This is a great shame since I really wanted a fully featured Bluetooth mouse that didn't need a stupid dongle or charging cradle and, mostly, the Wireless Mighty Mouse was great. However, if I'm in the situation that I really need a right-click then I need it to function 100% of the time and not only 90% as I was getting.

Sorry, I just think the implementation of what is a good concept is flawed in the current model. If they can resolve this issue then I'd happily buy one again since the look and feel of the mouse is very nice.

9. 'god macrumors newbie

thanks stig. that did the trick. right click sometimes has to be reset by powering down the mouse. that was the only thing i didn't check. duh!!

'god