Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

henryaj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Hello all,

I've just bought a new Mighty Mouse, and it certainly looks good. But, having installed all the software and plugged it in, I'm having real difficulty in using it. When I click, the mouse body actuates but 'sticks' in the down position, so if I click, the computer thinks I am click-holding. The only way to release the click is to squeeze the side buttons or to press the rear half of the mouse. Unfortunately, due to my big hands, I am unable to comfortably rest my palm on the rear half of the mouse, so it is basically unusable to me.

Is this a problem that anyone else has been having, or is my mouse just defective? I'd appreciate any suggestions as to what to do, but I don't know about trying to fix the problem myself as I want to be able to return this piece of junk if this problem keeps occurring.

Thanks in advance.

Henry

mkubal

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tampa
Sounds like you might have a defective mouse. You should exchange it and see if you still have problems.

Also, based on the last Mighty Mouse thread I saw, people might get really angry at you for having problems with the mouse. Who knows why. The fanboyism is a little over the top. Just ignore them.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
What......YOU'RE HAVING PROBLEMS? What's your problem man. Mighty Mouse=mighty. NO PROBLEMS!

(just kidding ;) :p)

henryaj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
My mouse seems to have recovered now... Perhaps it was just stiff from being new. Oh well!

chopsuey158

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2004
USA
Somewhat off topic, but I have an iBook and the USB ports are on the left side. Being right handed, the mice that are laying around my house all have short cables and won't reach comfortably across the iBook. Just wondering how long the cable is on the Mighty Mouse? If it is long enough, I'm looking forward to a good two button mouse for Unreal Tournament...

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
chopsuey158 said:
Somewhat off topic, but I have an iBook and the USB ports are on the left side. Being right handed, the mice that are laying around my house all have short cables and won't reach comfortably across the iBook. Just wondering how long the cable is on the Mighty Mouse? If it is long enough, I'm looking forward to a good two button mouse for Unreal Tournament...

it's 27"...plenty of room, but short by today's mice standards

henryaj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Yeah, it reaches round from the right of my Extended Keyboard to the leftmost port with no problems. Don't know how good it would be for gaming though - because of the touch-sensitive areas, you have to lift your index finger off the left side before clicking on the right side. Only momentarily, but that might be annoying for gaming.

jamesW135

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2005
If it happens again try compressed air, some of the mice at the Apple store had this problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.