Mighty Mouse stopped scrolling after 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by btc, Sep 14, 2006.

1. btc macrumors member

is this common?

perhaps i should have stayed with my Logitech (now installed and working perfectly) or my MacAlly, also a fully working mouse, neither needing extra software..just plug and play.

when i installed the Mighty Mouse i just plugged it in and went to system preferences and the Mighty Mouse control panel was already there, i didn't have to install the mouse software that came with the mouse...and it worked perfectly for....2 weeks.

i reinstalled the software with the CD that came with the mouse and it's just the same, no scrolling.....any help with this?

TIA,

btc

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

turn it upside down and roll the scroll wheel on a piece of paper.

3. Steve Jobless macrumors 6502

this is making me regret buying a mighty mouse....

4. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

Just enough pressure...

I found that applying nearly enough pressure as to activate the scroll wheel button and then scrolling in a circular motion helps to keep it clear. Definitely a problem with this design. At least with the pucks and before one could access the ball enclosure to clean the rollers.

It seems a lot of these fail within warranty. Anyone had joy in returning their Mighty Mouse?

5. btc thread starter macrumors member

Working Again

i took a piece of paper and just dampened it with a little isopropyl alcohol. i turned the mouse upside down (unplugged, of course) and moved it in a circular motion. i then ran it across a clean sheet of paper until i could not detect any alcohol.

now it is working again.

Thanks for the help

btc

6. jordansampson macrumors member

7. powerbuddy macrumors 6502

Might Mouse sucks. I am myself using a Dell mouse. I wanted the right click. :rolleyes:

8. mulletman13 macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

... oh the irony.

9. jordansampson macrumors member

mighty mouse has a right click function... to bad it only works 1/10 of the time i try it... again refer u to my post.

10. macboy62 macrumors regular

macboy62

I have to use a PC at work so I bought a Mighty Mouse to use on the PC. :D

11. After G macrumors 68000

After G

I don't know what's up with the way people right-click or use the scroll ball, but the Mighty Mouse is pretty good. You just have to try one out and make sure that it actually works for you.

I wonder what the sensor actually detects though. When I press the right area of the mouse with something other than my finger, it doesn't detect anything. Maybe the sensor is heat sensitive or uses your finger as an electrical/magnetic conductor or something. It does work with a battery and a spoon though, so probably electrical ... weird.