Mighty Mouse-wireless yet??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by fjs08, Nov 12, 2005.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

Hi,

Does the Mighty Mouse with the trackball come in a wireless version yet??

Frank

2. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

3. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Rats!! I enjoy the Mighty Mouse and would like to get a mouse for the office, but I'd like to convert to wireless. It shouldn't be too long, I would think.

Frank

4. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

That's what many have been hoping for, I think.
    However, there are also many mixed reviews on the Mighty Mouse, so it may be the case that a 3rd-party wireless mouse (Logitech seems fairly popular with the posters here) may be another reasonable way to go.
    Good luck!

5. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Never thought about that. Is it a Mac Specific-Logitech, or can I go to Best Buy and buy any wireless mouse and use that??

Frank

6. denial macrumors regular

The Logitech wireless is a great mouse but is on the heavy side. Mighty Mouse wireless would be an instant buy for me.

7. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

I don't have one (using the old one-button Apple wireless), but my understanding is that any Bluetooth-compatible mouse will work.
    If you search on the forums under "Bluetooth" and "Mouse" you should find plenty of threads.
    My recollection from previous discussions is that the Logitech and Microsoft (gasp!) versions are fairly popular...

8. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

My wife uses it on her ThinkPad and I too find it to be a bit "bulky" especially after using my Apple Mighty Mouse (MM). I like the old Apple mouse too. If any 3rd party mouse will work, I may just use one of my old ones here at the office and wait for a wireless MM. My big problem with the MM is that I get sloppy and click anywhere on the front and I often get a left click out of it. But it's not the mouse, it's just me getting used to it.

Frank

9. steelfist macrumors 6502a

hope that apple realizes the mouse button sensitivity confusion where you have to lift the left finger to activate right click.

and i hope that the fix would be in both the bluetooth and wired mouses.

10. scan macrumors 6502

i love the mighty mouse and I, too, am hoping for a wireless version.

11. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Isn't "wireless" RF as opposed to BT ?? :rolleyes:

Anyway I was hoping for a BT Mighty Mouse release by December, but that looks unlikely. I haven't bought the USB one because a mouse is the only BT device I use with my Powerbook. I hope one does come around soon though.

12. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

No. Wireless means 'without wires'.

13. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Given the amount of media attention the Apple 2-button mouse got... if it came out you'd know about it. The last thread generated over 1,000 replies to a mouse! RDF™ in full effect. :D

14. 59031 macrumors regular

What confusion? That's the way it's supposed to work, and it works very well.

15. airkarol macrumors 6502

I'm waiting until it comes out wireless before i buy it.

16. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Went to the Apple Store in Legacy Village-Cleveland. Absolutely packed. We were in Tampa last week and the Apple store there was packed on Saturday as well. Very nice to see!!! "Santa" picked up the Apple wireless mouse and keyboard for me. I set them up already so on Christmas morning, I can just pull them out of the package and go. Guess I can wait until then<g>. When they come out with a wireless Mighty Mouse (MM), I'll move one to the office and use the MM at home.

Frank