Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anjinha

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I have a Macbook and I'm considering buying a Mighty Mouse. I just wanted to know if it's worth buying a wireless one and why.

Thanks

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
I love my BT mighty mouse. Feels good in my hand, love the little "nipple" -- works really quick and smoothly. Have seen posts that indicate they get dirty quickly and need frequent cleaning, but in 3 months of use, I've not had any problems. Biggest "problem" is that when I take the MB from my desk into the living room (two walls, about 20 feet), the MB still recoginzes the MM. I always forget this, and have to go back and get it or go back and turn it off to use the trackpad! Not much of a "problem", I'd say -- great range! ;)

epochblue

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
I love my BT Mighty Mouse, but for the price, I don't know that it necessarily offers anything much over another brand of BT mouse, honestly.

I paid for mine with a gift card, so technically I didn't even pay for it :)

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
The mighty mouse (corded) that came with my iMac works fine, but I would not buy one. It's very difficult to right-click consistently. I don't use the sideways scrolling feature on the scroll ball very often and it's also difficult to consistently scroll sideways. Occasionally the scroll ball jams and it's a pain to clean. A regular mouse with two real buttons and a vertical scroll wheel would be much better.

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
The scroll ball on the mighty mouse is so vulnerable to jamming due to dirt and grime that I would look elsewhere if I was planning on buying a portable mouse.

xyian

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2004
PDX
I like my MM quite a bit. An improvement over the original Apple Mouse.
That said, I'd consider alternatives such as Kensington or Logitech. A lot of people like the Logitechs and I liked the Kensington mouse when I saw it. The nub on the MM has me frustrated(on a design level) and looking around.:)

Veritas&Equitas

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
MM is really overrated, and overpriced for what you get IMO. The Logitech mice, for one, are much superior. MX1000, G7, etc. are all great mice, which I like much more than the MM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.