Mighty Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by anjinha, Mar 22, 2007.

1. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I have a Macbook and I'm considering buying a Mighty Mouse. I just wanted to know if it's worth buying a wireless one and why.

Thanks

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

I love my BT mighty mouse. Feels good in my hand, love the little "nipple" -- works really quick and smoothly. Have seen posts that indicate they get dirty quickly and need frequent cleaning, but in 3 months of use, I've not had any problems. Biggest "problem" is that when I take the MB from my desk into the living room (two walls, about 20 feet), the MB still recoginzes the MM. I always forget this, and have to go back and get it or go back and turn it off to use the trackpad! Not much of a "problem", I'd say -- great range! ;)

3. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

I love my BT Mighty Mouse, but for the price, I don't know that it necessarily offers anything much over another brand of BT mouse, honestly.

I paid for mine with a gift card, so technically I didn't even pay for it :)

4. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

The mighty mouse (corded) that came with my iMac works fine, but I would not buy one. It's very difficult to right-click consistently. I don't use the sideways scrolling feature on the scroll ball very often and it's also difficult to consistently scroll sideways. Occasionally the scroll ball jams and it's a pain to clean. A regular mouse with two real buttons and a vertical scroll wheel would be much better.

5. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

The scroll ball on the mighty mouse is so vulnerable to jamming due to dirt and grime that I would look elsewhere if I was planning on buying a portable mouse.

6. xyian macrumors 6502

xyian

I like my MM quite a bit. An improvement over the original Apple Mouse.
    That said, I'd consider alternatives such as Kensington or Logitech. A lot of people like the Logitechs and I liked the Kensington mouse when I saw it. The nub on the MM has me frustrated(on a design level) and looking around.:)

7. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

MM is really overrated, and overpriced for what you get IMO. The Logitech mice, for one, are much superior. MX1000, G7, etc. are all great mice, which I like much more than the MM.