Migrating Enterage [os 9] to Mail [os X]

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by atacinus, Jul 12, 2005.

1. atacinus macrumors 6502

I have an old iMac running the latest version of os 9...I have used microsoft entorage to be my mail client, but now that I bought a new iMac with os X, i want to use the apple mail app. The problem is, I want to keep all of my old mail and can.t find a way to export it from the os 9 computer. I tried even using target disk mode and selecting the old computer in the Mail setup utility as the destination of the old e.mail program...that didn.t work...does anyone know how to get those old e.mails? Many thanks!

Christien.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

From within Mail, select the File > Import Mailboxes... menu item.

3. atacinus thread starter macrumors 6502

Right, i.ve tried that...the problem is, the mailboxes are on the OS 9 computer...and when I connect the two via firewire disk mode it won.t work either...is there anyway from within microsoft entorage to actually export them to a file that will be readable on the new computer?

Christien.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I don't suppose it occurred to you to network the two computers? Mount the MacOS 9 computer on the Desktop of your MacOS X computer.

5. atacinus thread starter macrumors 6502

I did that with firewire disk mode...I put the harddrive of the old computer on my new one...but it refuses to load...it gives me the spinning beach ball when I double click the old computer for like twenty minutes...i.ve never even let it finish...is it supposed to take that long?

Christien.

6. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Try this. Drag each folder from Entourage to your desktop. An .mbox file will be created. Import those into Mail.app