Migration Assistant Roll-back? (Network)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ingenious, Aug 15, 2006.

1. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    Long Story; if you want, skip to bold part below.

Hey all!

Well, we just migrated my mom's user account from her eMac at the school she taught at last year (in the same district) to the same model eMac at the school she's teaching at this year (by way of my 12" PowerBook).

Anyway, I was doing it, but had to go to work, so I left them (Mom and my sister) with instructions. They followed them, but I forgot to tell them my laptop would need plugged in sometime. It went dead, and when the restarted in Target Disk Mode, Migration Assistant didn't just continue like I thought it would.

They called for some assistance, and I helped them, but neglected to mention not to transfer network settings. They just thought Hey, we're transferring, so I guess we need all these checkmarks! Migration was successful, but now they have my (school) laptop's IP address.

Is there any way to roll-back the network settings to pre-Migration Assitant state?

17" eMac G4 1.0 GHz, 256 MB RAM, CD-ROM, No Modem

Thanks!

edit: added word "state" to "... pre-Migration Assistant..."

2. ingenious thread starter macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    Any ideas... at all?

edit: Well, we were able to track down the old IP address from a written list, but if anyone knows how we could've done this, please do let me know (PM would work if the thread gets really old).