Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magic230

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
NEDRLAND
hello evry bady im new her
I makeing wrong with mij ipod mp3
I make rest factory withiPod Updater 2005-06-26 for mij ipod now evry thank go
mij ipod not work only ask cabl help meee plesssssssss
mij ipod is 20BG
3G_lg.gif

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Umm... Okay, well let me get this straight. Your iPod, which was previously working flawlessly, is now only ever asking for the cable to connect it to the computer since you updated the firmware, right?

What sort of computer do you have? What sort of iPod do you have (how old)? Is it playing music properly now? Is the problem only when you try to connect it to a computer?

Hopefully we can get this fixed. :)

magic230

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
NEDRLAND
thank you mad jew :)
my ipod iPod with dock connector 20gb
model no:A1040
photo;
ipod_3rd_gen_front.JPG

my pc toshiba satellite pro 4600
I was updating the firmware on my ipod today, and something went wrong. I didn't get an error message or anything, it seemed to work properly. But when I disconnected the ipod, it didn't work. It turns on for a moment, I see the apple logo, then it gives me a picture of the dock connector (telling me to plug it into a computer, it seems). And then it turns off. If I plug it into the computer, I get an error message about an unrecognized usb device.

Resetting it does nothing, and I can't get into disk mode. So I figure I've screwed up whatever resides on the hard drive and not in rom...
my ipod befor that vary good no problem
60944_122.JPG

+++++thank you everyone +++++
http://img.majidonline.com/pic/4871/FDFD.GIF

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
asif786 said:
I admire your courage dude.. :p

p.s. he's posted a picture of the icon here:

http://img.majidonline.com/pic/4871/FDFD.GIF

<twas at the bottom, so you might have missed it>

Thanks. I was still stuck on the mijes - trying to work them out. :eek:

Anyway, magic230, maybe try using a firewire cable instead of a USB one, if you aren't already. Quite often, firewire is more successful with broken iPods.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
What that icon means is you need to plug your ipod into a power outlet. The firewire port on your computer is probably not powered. So when you plug the ipod into a power outlet, it will update the firmware.

Plug it in and reset it. Should be good to go after that.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I am sorry...I am confused. Are you using a Mac OS or Windows computer? You stated it was a Toshiba Satellite 4600, but the picture of the updater window you gave:

60944_122.JPG

Looks like a MacOS window to me. :eek:

magic230

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
NEDRLAND
thank you for help
mkrishnan
I using a Windows XP

mad jew
I dont have firewire cable everytime i using USB cabl ok i must have now cable

=======thank you everybody =======
fdf.gif

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Try resetting the iPod.

1. Connect iPod to a power outlet using the iPod Power Adapter.
2. Toggle the Hold switch on and off (set it to Hold, then turn it off again).
3. Press and hold the Play/Pause and Menu buttons for at least 5 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Man this sucks. I haven't seen that icon anywhere. The Apple Support site is usually a pretty good place to find out about this sort of thing but I can't find anything. :(

I think this may be a job for your local Apple Store/reseller.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
3G iPods can't charge over USB

You will have to get one of the 'split' FireWire+USB dock cables, because that model of iPod will not recharge over USB. It will sync its library, but it will not charge. You have to use the FireWire-plug power adapter with the FireWire dock cable to charge it. (Or, do as I do, use the 'split' FireWire+USB cable to plug the USB cable into your computer for syncing, and the FireWire into power for charging.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.