'Military Times' Poll Finds Fading Support for President, War

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jan 2, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

The only military people I know who support this war are no longer on active duty. My best friend has been back from and sent back to Iraq, and though he can't stand the Democrats, he's not a fan of BushCo at all. You should hear what his wife says about GW. If the feds overheard her, she'd be arrested. Can't say I blame them. Poor planning, lack of equipment, keeping them there longer than they're supposed to be there, cutting their benefits when they get back... and the rest of the chickenhawks just plain pissing off the rest of the world while using the troops like cannon fodder.

I'll bet a lot of those who signed up to go to Afghanistan, like the late Pat Tillman, are very unhappy.

3. aquajet macrumors 68020

It's interesting how that works, isn't it? I'm working for a defense contractor for a few days before I return to school, all retired Navy guys, and they all support the war in Iraq wholeheartedly. Oddly enough, many listen to Limbaugh and Hannity while they work. Pity.

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yet I still hear from righties who declare indignantly "Clinton destroyed our military". I would assume most of those are members of the 101st Fighting Keyboardists however, not actual members of the military.

5. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

heh heh