Milton Keynes Apple Store!!!

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by AndyR, Feb 23, 2007.

1. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

2. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

hmmmm time to think of a second job or you might not have money for lunch ;)

3. AndyR thread starter macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Yeah scary, just happens at the time I'm trying to emigrate as well. Typical :)

4. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Rats. It's easier for me to get to the Regent Street Apple Store instead. Wish they would open one in High Wycombe's new shopping centre

5. beefy23 macrumors member

I'm not sure High Wycombe would be a good location - 'some' of the 'locals' would probably strip the store bare within its first week of opening.

6. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

That is incredibly true but it is 5 minutes away on the train. It would be a perfect job for me and also cheap to get to. £7 on the train is ridiculous

7. beefy23 macrumors member

Looking at the location in your profile, I would say that as an 'expat' - seven quid would be chicken change to you ;). MK needs people like you to pop in every now and again to keep the economy afloat.

8. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Expat?? I have lived in Jordans/High Wycombe/Seer Green since i was born and havent moved. £7 is a lot to do at least once a week. It soon mounts up to a lot. Need to get myself a student rail card

9. beefy23 macrumors member

My bad, I though you meant Jordan (Mid East). I now see what you mean with regards to the rail fare - it's definitely not as cheap as it used to be a couple of years ago thanks to all the rail privatisation and so forth. A student card is well worth the effort. You would also get the student discount for any purchases made - the dosh saved should more than make up for the rail fare.

10. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

I sent off for a UCAS card this evening but that doesnt do train fares unfortunately,

11. beefy23 macrumors member

It's worth checking the individual operator's site eg Silverlink, they do have some concessions for families and possibly students. I'm not too sure about the student ones though as it's been many, many moons since I was a student.

12. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

i like how they call Milton Keynes a 'small town'. I worked there for a year and wouldn't call it small... Maybe it's just because it's so spread out... :rolleyes:

13. skoker macrumors 68000

skoker

Just as long as Max on Macs is behind bars they'll be good... ;)

14. shoppy macrumors 6502a

Thats brilliant news, save me driving into bluewater or the regebt streent branches. However it's nothing like the stores around the world. But if it saves me paying a congestion charge, I am all for it.

15. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

It's just a small town in London! It's just a small town in London!!

Sorry... I know it's not, but we're not a small town in Scotland either. ;)

Anyway, Milton Keynes? Milton Fracking™ Keynes yet still not one in Newcastle... Switch on Apple!

16. weckart macrumors 68040

I cannot see Macs (as in Mackems) being too popular in Newcastle. :)

17. 210 macrumors regular

Stores

I think a good location in the south outside London would be Reading or Oxford. Neither of them are too far away for people who live outside of London. I do think that the north needs more Apple Stores. There are a few in Manchester, Sheffield and Birmingham, but none further north (excluding Scotland)

18. dead_smed macrumors member

dead_smed

I've heard that training starts in store on the 23rd and it will open soon after that. I'm guessing start of December in time for the Christmas rush. Being a 5 minute walk from where I work I also fear that I will be spending many a lunchtime there and giving them most of my spare money.

19. AndyR thread starter macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Same here! I work at Fox Milne so go to Centre:MK on my lunch most days. Better leave the credit cards at home from now on.

20. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

Noticed that most of the Apple Store job opportunities for Buckinghamshire have been filled. There are still listings for concierge and creative. Bucks isn't mentioned in the cashier list.

When we get an opening date that'll be worthy of a new thread!

21. AndyR thread starter macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Agreed, its starting to take the wazz now. I need to take my MBP for repair and as I live 5 mins from here it would be best to that rather than ship it back!

22. yogi477 macrumors regular

Newcastle? How about Leeds. Its in the top 5 biggest cities and our closest store is Manchester or Meadowhall. I hear rumours they may be building one at "The Core" on the Headrow but they better be quick about it.

23. weckart macrumors 68040

Forget the Applestores, round the corner from me in Sutton Coldfield is a small cluster of four small shops, one of which sold computers and, latterly, more or less just computer peripherals. It has ticked over for years, never growing or doing very much. It has closed down for refurbishment and is reopening in a couple of weeks. Signs outside the shop and in the parking strip alongside proudly proclaim that it will be selling Apple products - iPods, Macbook Airs, the whole lot.

I think more than anything, this is a clear sign that Macs are gaining not only mindshare but actual marketshare if bogstandard small computer shops think that they can up their income from going Mac, where for years the opposite has been the case with Apple retailers folding.

24. millar876 macrumors 6502a

millar876

Stuff more english apple stores (for now) more in Scotland please Apple. ONE in Glasgow is not good enough, I'm actualy Quicker going to regent street store via Aberdeen airport than driving to glasgow (just by about 30 mins) so one in aberdeen would be nice.

25. yogi477 macrumors regular

I think you'll be waiting a while for that, Edinburgh is the only other place in Scotland worth having a store. MOre people live in Yorkshire than Scotland combined so in terms of potential customers it would make more sense to have 2 in Yorkshire than 2 in Scotland.