Milwaukee Postal Workers Find Live Gator In Shipping Carton

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by medea, Nov 16, 2003.

1. medea macrumors 68030

medea

Full Story: http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/st...5/201619400.htm&sc=1110&photoid=20030822NY408
    "A four-foot alligator chewed its way out of a shipping carton before a postal worker tossed it into a hamper and called animal control officers. Employees were sorting mail Friday when they noticed the alligator chewing its way out of an Express Mail box, said JoAnne Blackburn, a Postal Service spokeswoman. Workers tried to tape the box closed, but the alligator bit it open. "

Does anyone else think the truly strange part of this story is that alligators under 20 inches are allowed to be sent through the mail?????

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Re: Milwaukee Postal Workers Find Live Gator In Shipping Carton

It sounds like someone was trying to get around the law. Just yesterday a man was found to have an aligator in his basment. He claimed to not know that it was illegal to own one in Massachusetts. It was purchased in Rhode Island. Just like with tigers, I don't know why someone would want to own wild animals. Cute as a baby, but they grow up. They are dangerous!!!

3. alset macrumors 65816

alset

My brother ships reptiles for a breeding business. I think he uses specialized animal services. This case is not only dangerous for mail personnel, but also cruel to the animal.

Dan

4. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

shoot... how am i going to ship my christmas gator now?