Minecraft: Apparently makes children sex slaves and destroys economy.

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by roadbloc, Feb 9, 2011.

1. macrumors G3

roadbloc

A cranky old man has posted his views on Minecraft on a religious forum.

Here is the original post. Any views?

2. macrumors 68020

Erasmus

It HAS to be a joke. Nobody could write that "Destroying the economy" paragraph with a straight face.

"Teaching the American way of going to MacDonalds", ROFL!!! In the words of Lister from Red Dwarf, he's taking the smeg.

3. macrumors Core

Dagless

So this is what Chris Morris gets up to these days.

4. macrumors 6502a

lPHONE

Hell, I never heard of this game. I gotta go get it!

5. macrumors 6502a

neko girl

6. macrumors 603

notjustjay

7. Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

8. macrumors 6502a

How could you not have heard of it?

9. macrumors 68000

Hastings101

10. macrumors 65816

he's trying to get a writing gig at The Onion...

11. macrumors 65816

very sad that people actually think Christians are anything like that.... they have to think that for them to find it funny. Many things, even from the main headline (unsaved unwelcomed) is very anti-Christian. I don't really get the humor... if someone put a website up like this for Islam, it would be all over the news about how intolerance of Islam is rampant.

12. macrumors 6502

13. macrumors 68020

Erasmus

Shrug, some Christians are. I had a friend who believes Christopher Reeve can't walk because of God's punishment for playing the character of Superman.

Not looking to start a fight, but I am constantly saddened that people need to turn to religion to justify their existence, and believe the world would be a far better place without it.

14. macrumors 603

notjustjay

Satire works because it communicates a point. There's usually some element of truth in it (however small it may be). I think these guys are ridiculous and sad, sure, but somewhere buried in there is a valid point about the behaviour of some ultra-conservative, ultra-fundamental Christian groups.

Whether you choose to believe in it or not, the central message of the Christianity and the Bible is "God loves you, he wants you to love him back, and love your fellow man too." That's it! It's that simple. Yet some groups turn that into all kinds of hate and ire and fire-and-brimstone and Old Testament holier-than-thou yammering, thinking that somehow they can shame or pressure the non-believers into believing. It just doesn't make sense. That's not how you win friends and influence people.

I will now add the obligatory "Mac users sometimes act the same way" reference. ;)

15. macrumors 601

Eddyisgreat

Dang, I thought this was a legit complaint until they got down to the economy section. Now it's just trolling on his part.

16. macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Very unlikely IMO, we'd just be hating/killing each other over something else.

Religion or atheism aren't the problems. The problem is our fundamental inability to tolerate those who act/think differently. A world without religion would do nothing to 'fix' that.

17. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Seriously?

I don't know if today's Darwin award goes to you or the kid who thinks @ceoSteveJobs is a real Twitter account.

18. macrumors 601

vincenz

Never heard of this game until I saw this "review."

19. thread starter macrumors G3

roadbloc

I apologize for sharing what I thought was an amusing post. So sorry you feel so strongly about it. :rolleyes:

20. macrumors 65816

sadly a lot of people are mislead by "Christians" who aren't really Christians... just calling yourself something doesn't make you so... I can call myself a Kangaroo all I want and even believe it, but I'm still human.

21. macrumors newbie

Large minecraft fail

:mad:Wow you honestly dont know anything about minecraft do you? first of all “griefing“ is not a word for sex slave, if you played minecraft you would know that “griefing“ means destoying or blowing up other peoples bulidings.second it has nothing to do with religion not saying religion is bad im a christain but what u are saying is corrupted and half the stuff u sayed isnt in the bible.third minecraft has nothing to do with sex or anything like that unless u have problems.fourth most of the pics are either texure packs or mods also creepers arent walking penises they r mobs that blow up. now shut up the mincraft satan and sex crap and f.y.i. your not a christain:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

22. macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Whoa, you're a kangaroo! All hail the kangaroo! I'm now a kangarooist.

@jman - you need to read the other link to the Landover Baptist Church wiki. It'll all make sense.

23. macrumors regular

Why revive this post? Secondly, have a little common sense please. This is obviously poking fun at Christians, Americans and minecraft. It is not real. :rolleyes:

24. macrumors Core

Dagless

It is real, I can see it. It's just some folk are getting the intention wrong.

25. macrumors G3

Renzatic

People. It's Landover. They're a parody/troll site. Have been for years.

...thought everyone knew that. :p