mini CDRs

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by uhlawboi80, Sep 22, 2002.

1. uhlawboi80 macrumors 6502

i didnt even think about it till my teacher told us to turn stuff in either on mini CDs or a set of floppies...Can you use a mini CD in the slot loading drive on the TiBooks? my guess was no, so i havent tried it...anyone know?

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

NO don't even try it, i wound up "meeting" my partner by having to fix his iMac from this same problem-- it's really hard to get out. there are, however, adaptors that can be used, the mini-cd snaps into the middle of a ring, tho i don't know if it works on laptop/half-height drives...

:)
    pnw

3. uhlawboi80 thread starter macrumors 6502

good to know...i figured that the little arm or whatever it is that gides the CD in and ejects it would have issues with mini CDRs, but i asked hoping it would be ok (denials a great state to visit). Guess i will just give her a full size CD and she will just shut up and like it! :D

4. Choppaface macrumors 65816

i think there are also full cd's that only have the "silvering" (or whatever it's called) equivalent to a mini CD...I have some singles that are that way.

5. BongHits macrumors regular

does anyone know the capacity of mini cds? where do u find the ones nintendo uses for the game cube (1.3 gb???) as these would be pretty fun to stuff a little DV onto...tho id assume incompatible with alot of electronics :(

6. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

They are 185MB or 21min

Nintendo uses their own format... you cant get them anyplace. Its to help curb piracy

7. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

i believe that someone actually makes 3inch dvds that can be burned with nintendo's proprietary format (if you can figure out how), but as far a i know, they are only available in japan (along with panasonic's box that plays gamecube games and dvds, lucky guys). does anyone know where i can get one of those minicd/fullcd adapters? i'd love to be able to burn minis in my imac.

8. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

I believe I read that for the nintendo system they also spin backwards, which further messes things up for would be pirates.

And of course nintendo uses DVD format, not CD.