Mini Charging and Ram ?s

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Sean7512, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

I purchased my iPod mini today :D I was looking through the manual for recommendations on Calibrating/Charging the battery the first time, but there was nothing about it. Do I not need to do a special charge cycle for the first time or what?

I also ordered my Gateway M250 with 512mb ram (1 stick) and was planning on upgrading at x-mas when I have money available. I was either gonna get another 512 or a 1GB stick, is 1.5GB really necessary for a CS major? The comp is expandable to 2GB, so is the 2GB worth it, or is 1GB - 1.5GB enough? What are your recommendations. Note, the system has up to 64mb shared video ram.

Thanks everyone, you guys have been great here! And, I'm back to my virus filled world once school starts on Aug 26 :( This darn eMac has me too spoiled!!

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

I think they recommend fully charging it the first time out, it might take longer than normal too - on my old 3rd Gen I just left it plugged in overnight.