Mini Core Solo and 2407FPW

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by livingfortoday, Dec 1, 2006.

1. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

My question is simple. Is anyone running a 2407FPW with a Mac Mini? I have a Core Solo, and I've been contemplating getting one of these monitors for a while now, and I may just bite the bullet and do it. I know the maximum output on a Mini is 1920x1200, which is what the monitor supports. So... will this work ok? I don't do any real gaming (if you don't count Dome Wars), so it'll be mainly used for daily work and some movie watching.

Thanks!

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yeah it'll work just fine. Make sure you've got plenty of RAM to give the system some headroom but even with 512MB the screen will run just as it should.

3. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

I hooked up a G4 mini to my 2407 and it worked great.. was surprised, actually. I'd say your mini would work really nicely with a 24".

4. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

OT, but do they still make that game? It brings back good memories.

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I have my Mac mini Core Duo running fine at 1600 x 1200 on a Dell 2001FP. Exposé can be a tad bit slow due to the GMA950 but it's fine for my office computer.

6. livingfortoday thread starter macrumors 68030

That's great to hear, guys! I've got 1.5GB in the Mini, so I should be good there. I guess I'll just make sure there's no other good monitors in the price range of the 2407FPW, and take the plunge.

7. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

Anyone know if the 2407fpw will work with a Macbook (non pro)? Similar config as the mac mini, so from this thread I am optimistic, but I'd like to hear first hand.

8. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

A 2407fpw should work fine with a MacBook. If the Mac Mini can drive it, there is no reason that the MacBook should not be able to do so as well (it is certainly more powerful than the Mini- although they both have the same GPU). :)

9. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

the MB works fine with a 2405 - that's my set-up for now:( . I've got it connected via the VGA, not DVI outlet, but that shouldn't make a difference in terms of compatibility. One thing you ought to watch is the heat of your MB. I open the lid a bit if I'm going to be using the computer for long periods of time.

YT