Mini DV cams

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by markjones05, Apr 6, 2003.

1. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

I am looking for a new mini dv cam. I had the Cannon ZR40, but I want to upgrade to something better. I need something that will let me use it completely manually. I have done a little research thus far but not a whole lot. I was wondering if anyone had any pointers for me.

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

What is your budget? What cameras have you looked at so far (just to get a better idea of what you want)? and have you checked out c|net.com?

Lethal

3. Wano macrumors 6502

Like lethal asked.what is your price range? also, what are you going to do with it?

If you are looking for a proffecsional minidv camcorder i would look into Sony VX200(about $2300), Canon GL2($2000), and Sony TRV950($1700). All these camcorders have 3ccd pixels for great and crisp quality. The TRV950 is a really good value, in my opinion at least, bt it only has a 37mm lens as the 58mm on the VX2000 and Gl2.

If you are just looking for a consumer minidv camcorder I would say get a Sony or a Canon, but since you already have a zr-mc40 you wont see to much benefit in upgrading or replacing it with another consumer camcorder.

Cheack www.dealtime.com for prices.

Good luck!

4. markjones05 thread starter macrumors 6502a

markjones05

Are there any 3 charged coupled device cameras for under 1500? I guess thats what i really want to know. If not the sony TRV950 is looking like the best option for me. Im just a student as of now but im looking to get a little more experienced and a little more professional. Also i no longer have the zr40 it was stolen when my appartment was robbed....thank god they didnt take my g4!! If you dont have a security chain for your g4 yet, get one.

5. Wano macrumors 6502