Mini DVI to VGA

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacMyDay, Jan 16, 2007.

1. MacMyDay macrumors regular

Can anyone recommend or just tell me a company that sells one of these at next day before 9am guaranteed delivery? (Yes, that's a sign that I've left it to the last minute to realise my Macbook won't work with a single projector)

I've found Macwarehouse, yet their site is kindly broke, and they only offer before 10am delivery.

Mucho thanks

2. w8ing4intelmacs macrumors 6502a

find a friend with a 12" powerbook. it comes with the mini dvi - to - vga adapters.

3. MacMyDay thread starter macrumors regular

The brilliant thing is that I own a 12" Powerbook, yet can't find the adapter at all. I've ordered one now, and it'll arrive tomorrow before 9am for the "small" sum of £22 delivery. That'll teach me to believe Apple would include actual adapters with their products.

4. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

Push comes to shove, go to CompUSA and get one. They usually carry all those adaptors. Good luck

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

They don't exist in the UK. Unless you live close to an Apple store or major reseller you'd struggle to find one of these retail...

6. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

yeah...

That'll teach you to plan ahead...I mean, does the video out port on the macbook look any different that the one on the powerbook?

What did you expect?

Good luck though, man.I know how it feels to be all last minute.

7. MacMyDay thread starter macrumors regular

I absolutely agree. Just found it very surprising how hard it's been to find one. Not a single shop within 40 miles sells one of these adapters.....that I can find, anyway. Also found it funny that it's only on the 12" PowerBook, Macbook and Intel iMac that Mini DVI is used....all of which I own.

I can't say. The PowerBook is at home, so I'll find out when I pop back later.

8. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Good luck

Good luck, anyway. I've taken to OBSESSIVELY checking to make sure my adapters are always in my pack, after I forgot one for a presentation. Hope it works out!