mini i-pod

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by fjs08, Apr 11, 2004.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

Hi,

I have a regular white iPod that I connect to my Powerbook.
    I want to get my daughter a mini i-pod. She has a pc with usb 2.0 . Does the i pod mini come with everything she would need to connect and transfer music or are there "extra's that have to be purchased.

Thanks.

Frank

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The iPod Mini ships with a USB 2.0 cable (unlike the full size iPod which does not) and a CD with iTunes for Windows (although you could download this). So YES it's good to go. The dock is optional.

3. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Robbie,

Thanks for the quick response. How about recharging. Is anything special needed to recharge or just plug it it to the computer? I know my iPod will recharge when it is plugged in to my Powerbook or I have one of those square white Apple plugs that are pretty cool looking. The plug part swings in and out for storage??

Thanks again.

Frank

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The iPod mini seems to be able to charge directly from USB 2.0 (see the right column near the bottom here: http://www.apple.com/ipod/specs.html). You do get a power adaptor too so you can charge using that if you're not near a computer.

5. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Robbie,

Ahhh, that's the page I was looking for. I saw that the AC Adapter that is included with it. That's great. Should solve the problem about purchasing another for travel.

Frank

6. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Now all I need to do is find a mini iPod :eek:
    They're tough to come by.
    Frank