mini.. I think it died

Discussion in 'iPod' started by smooshy, Oct 20, 2005.

1. macrumors newbie

Sep 26, 2005
    My iPod mini (which is only 1 month old, I got it for free with my iBook) seems to have died today. It got stuck on hold, so I reset it, and now it's had the apple on the screen for 3 hours. I called applecare, and they tried some things from my iBook and it didn't work. I have to try from my PC at home later to see if that will make a difference, but she said it probably won't. Any suggestions on things I can try?

If there is something really wrong with it, do you think I might have a chance of them replacing it with a nano instead of another mini (it's a 2nd gen mini). Could I maybe pay a price difference?

Let me know what you think.. I want a nano, but I don't want to have to pay for a whole new one when I already have this mini. And please let me know if what's happening with my mini has ever happened to any of you!

2. macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    I'm not sure...

But, if Apple gave you a free iPod mini, would the "price difference" be $250 for 4 gigs and $200 for 2 gigs?
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 26, 2005
    I definitely hope not.. I payed for it, but am supposed to be getting the money back in a rebate (hasn't arrived yet, $255 CAD).. it was an educational promotion.